Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Pre-mounting questions

Please excuse my dumb questions here. I need to have some work done prior to installing a Velorex 562 to my Honda Shadow Ace Tourer. Before the installation can be done, some fabrication work is needed with my bike as well as with the mounting hardware. More specifically, the upper/front strut needs to be modofied(bent) to suit my bike. Measurement(s) need to be done prior to this work. For measurement purposes, where does the sidecar need to be in relation to the bike? I believe the installation intructions say the sidecar frame-to-frame is to be 10" apart? What part of the bike frame should I be measuring from? I'm also not clear on where the sidecar should be in terms of lining up with the bike(i.e. how far forward/backward the sidecar sits in relation to the bike). Is there supposed to be 8" distance from the center line of the bike wheel to the center line of the sidecar wheel? I have had this sidecar for about 3 months and I've had it painted, but haven't had time to do anything since. I am on vacation this week and really hope to at the bare minimum, get it prepped for install.
Thank you!
Dave

About 12" frame to frame works.
Wheel lead of about 15% of the bikes wheelbase also works.
Front strut can be lengthened and bent or modified as shown in pix.
If you have the earlier 15mm axle model 562 the suspension should be upgraded to support the heavier bike to keep from wallowing in the turns and all around better handling.

Lonnie

Attached files