Bev&VicExitCorner

Caochingcornerbraking

Lean and Look!
Lean&Look

smilingladies

figure8

ToddTurns

Todd&Devern

Everyone passed the written with excellent scores!
Saturdayafternoon

turning

circleB

sun&dust

dust&sun

RuthAnneCircleA

CircleA

DevernCircleA

BobG

BobGCircleA

turning

The Hero Shots:

ToddFlies

HeroShot

VicFlies

hero
hero

DevernFlies

BevFlies

RuthAnneFlies

Hero

hero

BobGflies

BonzaiBob

m

VicMtAdams

BobM

Bill

n

Hi Vernon,

THANK YOU to you and Monica for a great class and a lot of fun! The class was well worth both the money and the 1300-mile round trip to get there and back. Especially appreciated were the clear explanations and demos provided by both of you, and the patience you both showed in working with every student until the concept had gotten through. I left with a lot more confidence and knowledge, and feeling much more comfortable about cornering both left and right as well as swerving and stopping. On top of that, learning to fly the car ROCKED and was tremendous fun! Thanks again for everything, and please tell your wife thanks for the delicious treats--especially the great biscotti.
🙂 🙂

Best,

GTRider ( who really felt like a wheel was missing when I rode away from class on my two-wheeler!) 🙂

Thanks Devern- I really appreciate folks coming from so far (Utah, Nevada, California!). I hope you had a pleasant trip and found it worth the effort. Everyone did really well in class. I was very pleased and enjoyed spending the weekend with you!

Looks like a bit of fun there! I'll have to pay you guys a visit sometime when I head back home to Oregon. Only thing I still have a hard time wrapping my head around is right hand chairs! I've gotten used to racing left hand chair and right seems so....wrong... 8)

It would be fun to have you in a class. I would love to get your impressions regarding the differences between the two types of sidecars.

Judging by the ride I got on one of the rigs when you guys were at PIR, I don't think you will have a problem. Those rigs are so completely different it doesn't seem like much technique will transfer to a street rig and it should feel enough different not to be too confusing.

I wish I could of made this last race at PIR end of April/beginning of May, but alas, was busy since it was 5 days after our race in Rosamond, CA. You guys should hit up the SRA-West site sometime (www.sra-west.us). Our schedule doesn't take us any farther north than Willows the rest of the season but we do have a good deal for associate memberships now 😀 Formula rigs are different, but physics is still the same. We just have a LOT more traction, lower center of gravity and all that. At speed you have the same issues though. Just gets more dramatic if you mess up 🙂

the physics are the same, but it seemed to me like the driver was pretty much locked into place and the passenger did all the weight management 😉

I haven't been able to get away to watch any races since I had my taxi ride. I used to go all the time, mostly for Vintage racing and the sidecars when they made it to Portland. What a show you guys put on! If you ever do find yourself up this way with some extra time let me know. I would be happy to have you join me for a ride in the woods...