Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Photo Tag

PreviousPage 4 of 5Next

Jeff,
seems like in a short term you will be bitten by an uncurable virus. The hack virus.
The Hack virus is way better then the cells You feed meanwhile.
As You show in the foto. Keep enough load in the sidecar. start slow and don't become a hot shot when You start to feel confortable.
The most dangerous time will come when You start to feel confortable. Mostly after a month.
Then in some nasty moment you will be too fast and will react as a solo driver. - opposite of what You will need.
So please go slow and show us how you whipe red the last 6 spots on Your map.
Enjoy every moment and remember what taught me a Viatnam vet 24 years ago.
Remember You live NOW.
Its the best gift we have got and enjoy it.
Pura Vida - Pure life.
Sven from 10°N, 84°W and coming spring, so God will, on my way North to the Bering Sea together with my son.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3eCoDaFZJQ
😉 😉 😉
I passed the last 23 years working off my butt for devellopment in a 2 1/2th world country. Now with a damaged health it becomes time again to stick the nose into the wind...

Best Luck

PS: Today after several years I met a youngster engineer whom i introduced into neumatics 20 years ago. He starts to pass me on the left side. 2 flat top Hurracane Willies and a R60 for which he searches a sidecar were resting in his machine shop...

Thanks Peter Pan for the advise. I have all ready experienced some of what you are saying and understand where you are coming from. I have had my hack on going on 3 months but only have put only about 1,300 miles on it. I really like my rig and sure it will always be a rig from now on. Just for fun after about 15 years of sitting I am redoing my 1971 Triumph T100C and good chance do to my health will have a hack on it some day.
Thanks
Jeff

Together with the Youngster engineer I was giggleling about our former comon boss. A perfect Stehaufmännchen - Porfireo - "step back on his feet man".
91 years old 3 times operated because of brain tumor in the last 18 years, still hard working, travelling and shoveing his wife over the dance floor.
He and several others between my clients and neighbours are whom I admire and hope to be able to copy.
The last time I visited 86 year old Paul his sister told me that he just drove down to their eldest brother. Black Forest 800km south of Braunschweig...
So God will, I wish to pass over with my boots put on like my father in law.
My Aunt´s recipie was saying to herself every 15 minutes. "I want to live, I want to live" (she overcame the docs forcast by 5 years over the max 6 month they gave her.)
All had one thing in comon. The work and activity was/is their life ellexir.
And their attitude their main capital.
Attitude makes the difference.
On, On.
Sven

I wish I could work full time and I have the Lord that has gotten me this far. I do work for my self some when able. I always keep a couple bikes I am working on and a motor or two. I am a lot better of them many others and I thank God for that. Doctors told me I might be in a wheelchair in 4 to 6 years and is what got me off my butt to put the hack on. Now I have something to hold the bike up and a place to put my wheelchair.
Thank you much for the kind words of encouragement!
Jeff

Well be headed south on the rig in the next couple of hours. First time in all most two years since I spent a couple nights away from home.

Jeff, Here we go!
As a kid of 16 when I had my first paralyzation a German doc told me: "If you will not become a paralyszed somewhen in Your life, it will be a wonder."
Under that shock I allways prayed: "Please let it be from the hip down and not from the neck." (Crunched first torax vertebra and later spline displacement on 30cm 3cm to the left (Scotish soldier boot))
For 8 years I didn't know what a day without pain was. Allbeight I followed the doc's rule to work in an office.
After my emigration 1989 I did the opposite. Made hard blue shirt work on the worst factory sites you can imagine (+ tool machine rebuilding in my 1-2 man shop) and together with pretty regular quiropractics my frecuent partial paralisations stopped until 2007 when in an excess new years ride with the rig to the Panamenian border I got my first paralisation after 16 years of calm.
Buddy, I got affraid again. . .
A russian neuro cirurgic doc cured me fast and pulled out all the calcium of my joints.
Now I will dislocate my bones frequently when I make too much force. But Hey: I am pain free, sleep well, move like a kid and can ride on 2 or 3 wheels without having to lift up the right or left hand to the handle bar.(haven't seen a quropractics since in 2008 the old one broke my hip and only very seldom I have pain after excess lifting)
Faith, stubburnes and beeing occupied is my medicine.
I hope that helps You too.
Sven

PS: I had been unemployed for 1 year after my emigration. Now for 22 1/2 years I am my own boss or in other word the slave of my clients. Plus the day I bought the farm where I have the machine shop I said. "From now on I will have work for the rest of my life. What will lack sometimes will be somebody who pays the wage."
So it did happen.
If nobody wants to contract you, make up your own work. As long you are good in what you do somebody will come in and (should) pay the bills.
🙂 😉 🙂

Hey, it's riding season 2014 - let's get back to playing some tag. I have revised the 1st post and renamed this project "Photo Tag" to better set forth the idea. Looks like here is where we left off:

Hack'n - 11/15/2012 10:51 AM
Here's an International border monument at the Manitoba/North Dakota line.

Here is a marker for the former international boundary between the U.S.A. and the Republic of Texas - The West side is marked R.T. and the East side U.S.

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Just kidding I hace been twice in Alaska
First time ln my way home from Chiripo Mountain.
foto comes later as i cannot send them from the cel Phone.

Attached files

The next theme is an old abandoned country store or building, such as this one in Logan, Texas - I sure a quite a few stories were told here while drinking a R.C. Cola:

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

My riding season is all years as it is my only transportation. LOL It does not get really cold where I live in Middle Georgia as many other places. Every year the Georgia Sidecar Club has a camp out in North Georgia in January. This year the lows where only around 25 with the highs around 50 other then the day we headed home got up to low 60s. We have a scavenger hunt going on not over till 2015 of 80 locations around Georgia.

During our camp out in Victory Bryant state park we hunted an abandoned country store (with a great mural):

photo Jeff_Franklin_County_1_zpsd8ece492.png

Next up - Show us your rig at a country church:

photo Jeff_Hart_County_1_zpsc5d749db.png

Alaska photos came trough
By the way next village was Siberia 2500 ft elevation later.

a church, You are welcome. This was just after getting my technical revision sticker for to get a metal plate... 🙂
I have seen lots of villages in US like Winchester bay etc.
Is there any town with a motorcycle brand name? 😉
I will have to look hard in my photos, There is supposed to be one with my Jawa in San Vito de Java. 😉

Attached files

Thanks for bringing this thread back Swamp Fox. Now I have to start taking pictures of the rig when I am out . We usually take pics of everything but that.

Doug "Rain Man" Plotner 2nd Thief M/M chapter coordinator Eastern Panhandle WV USCA #8789 01 883C Sportster /Velorex combo 95 Ultra Classic Electra Glide /California Friendship combo Iron Butt Association member

Peter Pan - 5/21/2014 9:53 PM

a church, You are welcome. This was just after getting my technical revision sticker for to get a metal plate... 🙂 ...
Is there any town with a motorcycle brand name? 🙂
I will have to look hard in my photos, There is supposed to be one with my Jawa in San Vito de Java. 😉

Hey Sven, do you have a photo for a new theme?

Not yet, but how about rig and umbrella. Excellent as the rainy season is starting to become a bad one.
....stop it!
the new theme is a village with a motor cycle Brand name, I had forgotten that it was mentioned before.
Remember there are more brands then hd,Indian and Henderson.
Sven

Peter Pan - 5/27/2014 8:50 PM
Not yet, but how about rig and umbrella. Excellent as the rainy season is starting to become a bad one....

Hey, good idea. We need a photo - preferably in the rain. Wink

Whatever comes first:
Umbrella
or Motorcycle brand.
Here a FEW suggestions as I cannot find my photo with the Java town/river sign.
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_der_Motorradmarken#Motorradmarken_nach_Staaten_geordnet
Sven

OK the rig is not in the picture but we rode 110 miles in the rain.

Attached files

Doug "Rain Man" Plotner 2nd Thief M/M chapter coordinator Eastern Panhandle WV USCA #8789 01 883C Sportster /Velorex combo 95 Ultra Classic Electra Glide /California Friendship combo Iron Butt Association member

wvsporty - 5/29/2014 1:00 PM

OK the rig is not in the picture but we rode 110 miles in the rain.

Aiden is certainly a little trooper - doesn't look like he's complaining about the weather.

And, yes, we've spent some days riding in the rain too - here's our rigs ducking for cover at a marina during a sudden thunderstorm:

Here it comes a little late, but well wet out of the rain/press.
In fact Enrique, our car mechanics, still was dry...until minutes later when I dropped him off at his home.
Tomorrow the whole family will have to depend on only Sophie Travelair the Ural Patrol, as all 3 cars and the Kawasaki get new metal number plates and have to stay home until the new plates get delivered.
:O You have an idea how much you can trust a governmental office? :O

As task for the next photos still open the rig at a town/village name of a motorcycle brand...see the list in Wikipedia a few posts up.
Or the rig and a rainbow...I want to see the sun again. It poors each day after 13:00 until late night....
Ohh I forgot. Lee's maskottchen...I have to think that should be easy. the lila dragon is only 2 miles away...but we don't like them, the Liga-lion will be my families favourite.

Best wishes on the photo hunt.
Sven

Attached files

Peter Pan - 6/4/2014 9:48 PM

... As task for the next photos still open the rig at a town/village name of a motorcycle brand... Best wishes on the photo hunt....Sven

Well, I haven't located nearby town/village with the name of a motorcycle brand, but in the spirit of the task, here is a photo of our GS rig at Honda Drive in Shreveport, Louisiana USA:

So let's move the tag forward. Next theme is a photo of your rig at a roadside oddity or attraction, such as this old Lincoln calling attention to the Max Lawson wood sculpting shop in Ringgold, Louisiana USA:

PreviousPage 4 of 5Next