USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Photo Tag

Here is game we can play: Photo Tag** - which is not limited by location. All you need is your sidecar rig, a camera (phone) and some travel time.

** Edited 5/19/2014 - renamed Photo Tag from Scavenger Hunt.

How it works: A "subject" or "theme" is identified to have a photograph taken. A player finds such a subject/theme and takes a photograph of the object with their rig in the photo, then posts up the picture. Then the next player posts up a photo with the same subject/theme, then posts another pic setting a new tag subject/theme.

Example: The tag subject is an abandoned gas station. This pic is posted in the thread, and the first player to post a photo of their rig at an abandoned gas station gets to post a pic with the next subject/theme. In this example, any abandoned gas station would work in any location. Other examples would be: river, beach, courthouse, statue, overlook, theater, diner, parade, group ride, dirt road, movie house, country church, roadside curiosity, old building, etc......

You can be creative as you want to be as long as the "subject" or "theme" is possible for most everyone else to get, even if it needs a little searching. This can be a tool to show some our travels.

Note: Archived pics are OK; you don't have to go out and find a new pic each time. This way we can contemplate potential objects/pics while traveling.

I will get us started in the next post.

Lee Summer Grove, LA R1100GS/CSM Sidecar, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L

Show us your rig at a Ride for Kids event (this pic from Louisiana 2011):

Ride for Kids Lousiana 2011

Lee Summer Grove, LA R1100GS/CSM Sidecar, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L

Sounds like fun were in!! One problem...what internet photo storage works best for this site???

2011 Chicagoland Ride for Kids: I'm in the green shirt along with the family I was blessed to be able to serve. The Ride for Kids "Star" that rode with me is the little red head wearing the blue shirt.

Attached files

Next photo op: A picture of you and your rig at a USCA event. (This pic from the 2009 Sidecars in the Flint Hills Rally)

Attached files

I want to play but darn I had to go back to 2004 Flint Hills to find an awful picture. We should all just loan our cameras out at the next rally and let others take our picture.

Attached files

Next up should be easier. A picture of your grandchild in your sidecar

Attached files

smith8833 - 2/24/2012 11:31 AM

Sounds like fun were in!! One problem...what internet photo storage works best for this site???

You can attach 'em to the posts and they'll show in the thread or you can post 'em to an Album here in the forum (both have size limits). Or you can use an off-site photo hosting site such as PicasaWeb, PhotoBucket or SmugMug.

Inserting by web-link is easier if you go to Use Rich Text Editor and use the button with the "green tree."

Joyce - 2/24/2012 7:19 PM

Next up should be easier. A picture of your grandchild in your sidecar.

Joyce, where are all our proud grandparents? This is an opportunity that I thought would come up again and again. I'd help out, but we can only post pics of someone else's grandchild in our sidecars.

Joyce - 2/24/2012 7:19 PM
Next up ... A picture of your grandchild in your sidecar.

Now I know there's bound to be lots of pics of grandchildren among us.

We can't help as we only post pics of another member's grandchild. Laughing