Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Perry Bushong Death

In case you may not have heard, Perry Bushong passed away last weekend. Perry was the owner of Perrys Motorcycles and Sidecars in Fort Worth Texas. He was the BMW franchisee at the same location during the 1980's and 1990's. A sidecar enthusiast and active builder, Perry built hundreds of rigs over the years, many of which were BMW airheads with special triple clamps of his own design. He also built a number of EML rigs and frequently rode his own bright orange K100/EML hot rod rig. He restored and collected hundreds of European and vintage motorcycles and built many custom cafe racers. His shop was a mecca for motorcycle enthusiasts for decades. John Landstrom of Blue Moon Cycles has posted a you tube video of a BMW R12 hack restoration which he recently purchased from Perry if you want to see an example of the work he did.

Perry was working late at the shop last Friday evening when he fell and struck his head. He succumbed to his injuries later that night at the hospital. Many of his friends and customers will be attending a memorial ride and get together on April First in his honor. The North Texas sidecar community will miss him greatly.

Sad news, indeed. Perry is an excellent example of the characters that help make our sport so enjoyable.

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

We lived SW of Ft. Worth at Granbury from 1985 until late 1987. We drove by Perry's shop on the way to DFW and back. He was still selling BMW's at the time. We had a '63 /2 at the time so that got my attention. I have a picture in my head of his shop.

Is there anyone out there that has contact with the family? We need a brief obit for the Sidecarist. We have lost another national (sidecaring) treasure.

I bought two of Perry's rigs,
A 1979 BMW R100 with a Ural and a 1995 BMW R1100R with a EML that he built for his wife Merry.

Attached files