Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

password retrieval

On this computer when I come to this site I am automaticaly logged in.
On my other computer it asks for a password that I thought I knew but it won't accept.
So I asked for a retrieval of the password and jumped through all the hoops.
The site watch dog says the password retrieval info has been sent to my email.
It lied.
I have tried this twice on two different days and it still has not sent the info to my email.
How does one clear this up?

Phelonius

Have you checked your spam folder for the information? I can't tell what your password is but I can reset it for you if you have forgotten it.

Joyce - 1/13/2011 1:46 PM

Have you checked your spam folder for the information? I can't tell what your password is but I can reset it for you if you have forgotten it.

Hadn't thought of spam, thanks

Joyce - 1/13/2011 1:46 PM

I found you had entered twice in my spam file.
I tried two times once with each code number and was still refused.
I know I got the code numbers correct since I copied them electronically then pasted them in the blank space.
Your system is not user friendly. Your electronic pit bull is over zealous.

Phelonius

Since you can access your account on one machine you can go to your settings and reset your password to something you can remember. Log out of the account on that machine the go to the second computer and log in with the same user name and password. It should work, I check messages on different computers everyday.

Joyce - 1/14/2011 7:03 AM

Since you can access your account on one machine you can go to your settings and reset your password to something you can remember. Log out of the account on that machine the go to the second computer and log in with the same user name and password. It should work, I check messages on different computers everyday.

I don't think that will work. I wen to my settings and saw the box for changing password.

It clearly asks what my old password is before it will let me enter a new one.
I figure if I try to do this without knowing my old password, it will assume that I am an imposter and log me out and I will have no way to get back. Every attempt will be blocked with the statement - there is already a member with that email.
I had this happen on another site.
If for some reason the site disconnects me , I have absolutely no way back and no way to contact this site to ask for help.

Phelonius

Such fun! I can't get into my PayPal account because I seem to have forgot the password. It offers to e-mail my password but only to the e-mail address I had when I created the account. That e-address is no longer valid and hasn't been since we moved to the farm over three years ago. We had DSL at the previous place, probably won't ever have it here and that lead to a change of e-addresses. Oh well... saves money if I can't use PayPal. Good luck getting things patched up on this site Phelonius!

Had a similar situation back a while ago when I switched providers. Didn't bother to update the info with the various groups and suffered the consequences. After the frustration calmed down, decided to set up an account at gmail (google) and when asked for my email address have it sent to gmail which is independent of my provider, or even the access speed. Yahoo also has this service as well as others but takes some of the pressure off to update everyone because these types of accounts are independent of where I am or who I am with.

Problem over.

Using my other computer, over the days, (weeks) , of attempts, I would every day try with different passwords I had used in my life. With my aging memory this was not easy. But every time I was using the computer and another password surfaced in my memory, I would come here and try the key in the lock.
Eventually I found the one that opened it. Then I quickly tried to remember which one it was that I had just used.
I left the site and returned and tried the key in the lock again, the door opened.
Okay, I now have that one recorded in the good computer.

Phelonius