Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Passing of Bud Amy - and Carney Robertson

With a sad heart I report that fellow sidecarist, former Louisiana Rep and our/my friend, Bud Amy, lost his battle with lung cancer today.

Here's Bud leading the way during the inaugural Uncertain?Rendezvous 2008 on his classic white R90/Ural combination:

And a candid pic of Bud about to eat supper at Gulpha Gorge during the Hot Springs Ramble 2009:

I understand overalls are the mark of a gentleman. 🙂

We'll miss you Bud. Thanks for helping introduce Jena & me to the world of sidecars.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Bud Amy was a miserable old codger with a hacking cough and a heart of gold. I could listen to his stories for hours. He was a good guy to have around and I'll miss him. He roomed with Steve Woodward and me at the Boone Rally and we stayed up many late nights listening to tales from the oil patch days. I just hope that wherever he's going they will Laissez les bons temps rouler!

My condolences to Bud's very good friend Carney. I know Carney has lost his best riding buddy and will miss Bud most of all.

Al Olme - 5/16/2012 1:21 PM

Bud Amy was a miserable old codger with a hacking cough and a heart of gold. I could listen to his stories for hours....

Yep, Al -- that's our friend Bud.

Bud's family is inviting his friends to attend a farewell gathering to celebrate his life at the camp 4:00 pm. Saturday May, 19th. I plan to meet up with Carney on the way down.

Photo from: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dailyworld/obituary.aspx?n=errol-amy&pid=157658928&fhid=12386

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

RIP Bud....and God Speed....

I dont know him, but rest in eternal peace wherever you may be. Heartiest condolences to the family and friends 🙁

With a sad heart I report the passing of Carney Robertson, another one of my mentors and a true friend, as well as a longtime riding partner of fellow Louisianan Bud Amy.  Carney passed yesterday, July 11, 2021.

Carney said the art of conversation is dying, but I'm doing my part to keep it alive.  I will always treasure the conversations shared with Bud & Carney, often into the wee hours of the night.

Here is a photo of Carney having fun at the 1st Caddo Lake Rally back in 2008, and a photo from our ride across the Talimena Drive during the Rich Mountain Rendezvous in 2012.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
CCjon and John Holbrook have reacted to this post.
CCjonJohn Holbrook

If he was a friend of yours, he must have been a good man. RIP Carney