Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Passed away

Did I hear somewhere that Harry :Waters: was killed in a car accident? I haven't seen anything about it. Fill me in.
J.R.
Sec.
Tex. rep

Hi JR, been with out a computer for a few months. I talked to Kevin Klages about a month ago.
Harry Walters long time president of Keystone Sidecar Club and person in charge of games at
rallies was at the Georgia Sidecar Club rally. on June 5 while on a dinner run Harry went left of center
and hit a car head on. Harry died at the scene. Harry knew more sidecar games than anyone I
ever meet. he told me 27. he lead the ice cream runs at Ron Dee Voo's and was a regular at Hack'd

fly

Bummer. Especially for Harry.

Fly,

This is extremely sad news to say at the least, I don't believe I have seen him for about 8 years

My thoughts and prayers go to Harrys family

Fly, Let me know should there be a memorial service for Harry Thanks

Chuck,
I have been out of the loop for awhile. have only talked to a few people and haven't
seen anyone. I don't know much more than I posted. Kevin Klages would know more.
if you want I can pm his phone number. he is not a computer person. JR and Avanell
are working their way here. We are planning to go to the AMA museum to see the
plaque the club got for Hal. Mrs fly's health has not been good this year. We will be taking
the car not the sidecar. the day will depend on her dr appointments and hospital days.
all are welcome to be there. I will post a date as soon as I know one.
fly

Fly - 8/5/2014 9:04 AM Chuck, I have been out of the loop for awhile. have only talked to a few people and haven't seen anyone. I don't know much more than I posted. Kevin Klages would know more. if you want I can pm his phone number. he is not a computer person. JR and Avanell are working their way here. We are planning to go to the AMA museum to see the plaque the club got for Hal. Mrs fly's health has not been good this year. We will be taking the car not the sidecar. the day will depend on her dr appointments and hospital days. all are welcome to be there. I will post a date as soon as I know one. fly

Fly,

Would appreciate you sending Kevins number to me.

Thanks, Chuck

Chuck, check your mail box......fly

We are looking for a photo of Harry to include with a short obituary in The Sidecarist. A submission by anyone who could write an obituary about Harry for the magazine would be welcomed. If you have a good photo or want to write about Harry, send your submission to editor@sidecar.com

Thanks,

Al , Kevin Klages is the one who knew Harry best. He was there at the accident.
I gave you his number last month when I called you about Harry.
fly

Harry Walter

Attached files

Great pic of Harry. I loved his speech at the start of the sidecar games.
" these are games, they are fun. If you are serious about winning a
throphy leave now and go buy yourself one."
fly

Yes Fly, The ol German told it how it should be.........fun.........to many times I people peeking under the blind fold to get close to the rope

They don't come better than Harry.. He told me I couldn't have my dog Maggie in the sidecar in the blind fold line race, I asked why not? Harry told me that the dog was smart enough to tell me when to stop> Later that night Harry bought two ice cream cones, and gave one to Maggie.
RIP Harry. Harry's friend ccridr.

Got my Sidecarist today. Very nice obit for Harry. My thanks to whoever put it together.
fly