Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Orlando, FL Guggenhiem Exhibit

Planning a hack trip to Orlando, FL, the weekend of April 15/16 to see the Art of the Motorcycle show that is currently being shown. Anyone interested in a ride from South Florida up US 27 or meeting us in Orlando, please contact Jim Van der Veen at jvanderv@comcast.net.

Thanks!

JIM, I THINK WE ARE THE ONLY TWO WITH HACKS IN S.FLORIDA.

Probably. Date has changed. It is now the weekend of April 21/23. The other date was Easter. Sorry about the confusion. Now all of you Florida Hacks can come out of the closet and join us for at least a parking, if not a ride. This is a great show, $12.00 to get in, so cheaper than a movie.

Uber

Hey Jim,

I am in Largo, FL and would love to make it over to Orlando to meet you. I am new at this so it has to do with how much riding time I get in between now and then. I am also haveing some set up problems. And that was done by the dealer. There are a lot of "if." But I am going to give it a try.

Jim, another Hack in Sun City, South of Tampa. Have a great time. John

Well, the trip was successfull, if you measure in terms of no deaths, accidents or other horrible things that can happen to you on 3 wheels. I was hot (but this is Florida in the summer time), we did get a terrible rain storm trying to get back from the fishcamp (late lunch) to the hotel and a bad case of what looked like food poisioning (clam chowder at the fish camp) with my wife. But, the exhibit was well worth the trip with a lot of really interesting and historical motorcycles and even a sidecar or three. One WWII German hack and trailer, BMW of course, complete with machine gun, camo for the desert, and other interesting bits and pieces. The ride was great, but only the two of us. The guys from Tampa didn't show up, but Ray from the Orlando area did meet us got us some discount tickets and led us to the fishcamp for lunch. You can see some pic's he took on the Chromehead site under "ON THE ROAD". Good time had by all. Stay tuned for the next event.

Uber