Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Original Simon built Spyder T-1

Hi all, Jerry Simon passed away yesterday. The original Simon built Spyder T-1 is sitting in his garage. The prototype that he built by hand. I'd like to see it end up with someone who appreciates it. Jerry Simon sold his company which became Motorvation LLC. 

Feel free to contact me if you are interested. I can put you in touch with the estate trustee.

Thanks

Wayne Simon (Jerry's Nephew)

wsimon@space.nrl.navy.mil

I really liked some of the things he did with this sidecar especially the suspension with the unequal length "A" arms and cast housing for the axle that included a brake mount. Still would be a great design today.

Never met the man, sorry to hear of his passing.

Jay G
DMC sidecars

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

Wayne, Sorry for your loss.   We need a location, pictures, price if you have one in mind.

Dave

Thanks guys,  Uncle Jerry was quite a character.  Lots of inventions.  He was replacing a starter on his bike when he suffered a fall and things went down hill for him.   I do not really have an idea how much the T1 Spyder is worth. Jerry kept it in great shape. Always stored it inside. I'll talk to the trustee about getting a picture of the sidecar.  . Don't think he is out to scalp anyone, as for me I just want it to go to someone who will take care of it. I'm on the other side of the country, the sidecar is in Simi Valley CA. 

PS: I rode in it about 8 years ago, what a friggin' hoot! 

doynebruner and CCjon have reacted to this post.
doynebrunerCCjon