Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Old Harley Sidecars

My brother-in-law has two sidecars that appear to be, roughly, World War I-era Harleys. He wants my help in selling them. They have pipe framing and are rusty, but appear to be intact. Any idea what they might be worth, as is?

Got any pix?

I like the old steel Harley sidecar bodies but never cared much for their frames. They had no suspension for the sidecar wheel, it was rigid to the frame.
It was designed in the day of rigid frame motorcycles and never changed even many years after Harley began putting swingarm rear ends on their bikes.
The tub was sprung for the monkeys' comfort.

Where are you located? I have a '47 knuck that I would not mind putting a sidecar on.

regards,
Rob

The sidecars are in Lewiston, ID.

.post some pictures here .also go over to the Antique Motorcycle Club ofAmerica Facebook page and post pictures .

Damn, too far for me.

I agree, AMCA site should be helpful.

Rob

SnakeOil,
Do you have the year and maker of the sidecar and bike in your avatar pic?

Lonnie

marks brothers Horsefeathers movie

Ok, The one that was left when the bike rode off.
It's the same sidecar that we've had for a shop mascot for many years. It had an Indian decal and an added fender skirt when we got it.
a customer wanted it restored to mount on his 1923 Harley but after removing 2 alder trees growing inside to free it up and looking it over, we found it was way beyond restoring so we traded a few hundred dollars worth of Harley parts for it and have used it for a shop mascot (and planter) for the last 26 years.
Just gave it a new Krylon paint job. The hornets living inside the tire weren't too happy about that.

Lonnie

Attached files

Great looking car though not too practical with the "low profile" tire!