Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Old Classified Ads

The classified ads should be purged periodically. What is the purpose of having old ads that are years old? Often times the person placing the ad never responds to inquiries. Maybe the ads should be posted for 4,5,6 months and then deleted. The poster could always resubmit. Just a thought.

Deleted user has reacted to this post.
Deleted user

agreed, maybe after a set time limit the poster can be contacted and if item is still available they can refresh the add. if no response delete it

USCA # 8913

Sounds like a good idea to me. I keep hoping the activity will pick up on this forum to closer to what it used to be.

Sounds like a great idea, as everything with the USCA is done on a volunteer basis I hate to ask any one to do extra work. So, if you would like to see changes, get with the club officers and volunteer to do the work.

The club also can always use people to serve on the board, be regional reps (thank you Tom) host events  write articles for the magazine and more.

I have severed on the board and hosted events in the past but feel that as my company is no longer one of the smaller companies that can "go under the radar" so to speak feel that it is better for me not to take a high profile position in the club until such time as I am either retired or sell the company.

The club and the forum are only as good as the people who participate in it make it.

I try to check the site twice a day during the week in order to provide technical advice as we no longer have a person in the club dedicated to this and frankly I have more technical experience then most.

One thing I had done to try and get more viewing on this forum was to try and post at least one picture a week of a different sidecar. This is done on the ADV rider site with almost 800 pages of sidecar photo's https://advrider.com/f/threads/sidecars-lets-see-em.294734/page-791#post-38930262 Not sure why but the tread I started on this was deleted. It never really caught on as only one or two other people posted photo's and I could see where it was starting to look like a page to promote my company as for the most part photo's I have are of sidecars we build. If some one else wanted to start such a page again and people start posting photo's perhaps more people would use the forum.

Idea's as to how to make things better are always welcome, help making things better even more so.

Jay G
DMC sidecars

http://www.dmcsidecars.com

866-638-1793

1bmwmc has reacted to this post.
1bmwmc
Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

I know this was discussed before but one thing I have found is it is very difficult to find this forum on line. if you don't know to type in USCA Sidecar it won't come up in a search. the face book site comes up but a lot of people like me rarely use or view face book. How can we get the site to come up better if someone just types in lets say sidecar forums.that is how I found the USCA to begin with, other than that it is going to be word of mouth.  Jay said get some interesting topics to keep people interested in coming here and posting, I totally agree. I come on this site a few times a day just to see if anyone posted and see if I have anything to contribute to the conversation. I like the idea of a picture thread but it's hard to keep one going. like others I am on 3 other bike forums and even those are loosing activity but with us we are a much smaller group so if we loose a couple it makes a big difference. any time someone ask about sidecars on the other forums I point them here and try to make personal contact to get them more interested. I know there are still plenty of us still out there, we just have to make this forum/club stand out again somehow

USCA # 8913

A Picture thread is a great idea, except that I had to go to school to get a picture posted....LOL

If it was easier to do it would probably fly...

2009 Yamaha Venture with Hannigan Hack 1999 Valkyrie IS 2006 Goldwing 2021 Ram 3500/6.7HO

AJ1200... I know "sidecar.com" brings it up in a search. Minus the quotes. I don't know that anyone would or why anyone would add the .com but that's the way I get here every day...  It seems that we used to have an albums tab that people could post photos on the old forum too.

Tom, what search engine are you using.

USCA # 8913

I have no issue with ditching the old ads.  This has been discussed every five years or so and the consensus in the past was to keep the ads as reference.  In some cases new owners have contacted old ones for info or or owners of similar rigs have asked questions.

If the Board decides to set a time limit in the ads, we can ax them but I don't make that decision.

'Still looking for someone to take over the website.

AJ1200- Google Chrome most of the time. When I'm on the Kindle, what ever Amazon built in.

One of the other forums I'm on  puts old adds in an archive folder. Might work here also.

RockyMtnRoadRash has reacted to this post.
RockyMtnRoadRash