Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Ohio Sidecar events summer 13??

Page 1 of 2Next

Brand new to the forum, ride a MG Norge and considering a hack or converting the Norge to a hack. I can't find any Ohio get togethers where I could go and gleen info or do some demo ride(s). Anybody help me on this?
Thanks,
Alex in Lorain, Oh 🙂

Hi. I'm near Chillicothe, have an H-D rig. Wanna start a get-together?
Mark

Silver Goose - 3/17/2013 8:07 AM

Brand new to the forum, ride a MG Norge and considering a hack or converting the Norge to a hack. I can't find any Ohio get togethers where I could go and gleen info or do some demo ride(s). Anybody help me on this?
Thanks,
Alex in Lorain, Oh 🙂

Hello Alex, welcome to the United SideCar Association! 🙂
You'll find a wealth of information her on this forumn. Also, look for "Ride for Kids" events in your area. Great way to meet local sidecarist, and help a Great cause!

fwiw, my "path" to Sidecars: I kept a "two wheeled" M/C (my Harley), and purchased a "dedicated" BMW Rig, after much research and questions and more questions! 😉 I found and bought the BMW Rig. I knew I would LUV a Sidecar, but I also LUV riding on two wheels as well! 🙂 Just a thought. I don't know where 'you're coming from", but attatching/detaching a sidecar to the "Tug" was/IS not very appealing to me. Again, ymmv! 🙂

Biker Mark- 3/26/2013

Hi. I'm near Chillicothe, have an H-D rig. Wanna start a get-together?
Mark

Hello Mark!
I know a couple other Sidecarist, here in Columbus. One or two in the Delaware Area. Maybe we could hold an informal "Meet and Greet" this Sping/Summer? I own three rigs; my younger Brother can ride one, and on of my Cousins likes to take one out on occasion! (fwiw: both are experienced Sidecarist!!! Don't let just anyone, ever drive your Rig! Unless you have their "Black" "American Express" card! LOL! ) We could all ride together sometime? Let's keep this thread going and see what happens!? 🙂
If nothing else, let's meet up at a "Ride for Kids" event. I'll be at the Columbus/Marysville event. Maybe Cleveland if I can swing it.

http://www.curethekids.org/rideforkids/2013-rfk-events.html.

Best regards Gentlemen! Ride Safe and have wonderful Season! 🙂

~ Russell

I'm north of Pittsburgh. Ohio isn't that far to travel for a get-together!

HI,
I'm in Cleveland and ride a 2003 HD/Mortorvation. My wife and I would be up for a get to gether. How about the Ohio bike week up in Sandusky?
Jim and Alice

Attached files

How about
Heindl Engineerings open house on Saturday July 27
It's centerly located.

Hello Mary Jo and Jim & Alice,

We could do informal meets at both the "Ohio Bike Week" (I think there is a gathering of Rigs), and Heindl way off on July 27th.
Quite honestly, I was thinking a bit *sooner*, like early, mid-May ish?
Let's see, Chilicothe; Columbus; Delaware; Marion; Parma; Pittsburgh... how about somewhere East of Columbus, maybe around Zanesville: or up around "Salt Fork"? Just a thought.
fwiw, I love riding in the lower South-East Quadrant of Ohio, but need to venture up into the North-East Quadrant for some "exploring" 🙂

~ Russell

May works for me - except for the last two weekends.
I'll be on my way to NH at the end of July.

Something will work 🙂

May is OK, Saltfork is OK
Jim & Alice

oldriders - 4/1/2013 8:48 AM

HI,
I'm in Cleveland and ride a 2003 HD/Mortorvation. My wife and I would be up for a get to gether. How about the Ohio bike week up in Sandusky?
Jim and Alice

Hi folks.
My wife and I are going to the Ohio Bikeweek.
We will stay with daughters in Vermilion and in Lakewood.
Riding daily to Sandusky for the event is our plan.
We will be on our HD/Liberty and HD/Champion.
Hoping to meet and greet you there.
Jay and Dale.

Sorry for starting the thread then going silent. Was in the Cleveland Clinic for a few days only to come home to a sick wife. so.... will prob be silent for a while more. But will eventually get back to it. Hope perhap to catch up with some of you one of these days either on 2 wheels or three. God's best to you all.
Alex in Lorain
"Silver Goose"
07 Moto Guzzi Norge
Wanna be Hack owner

Silver Goose - 4/7/2013 8:48 PM

Sorry for starting the thread then going silent. Was in the Cleveland Clinic for a few days only to come home to a sick wife. so.... will prob be silent for a while more. But will eventually get back to it. Hope perhap to catch up with some of you one of these days either on 2 wheels or three. God's best to you all.
Alex in Lorain
"Silver Goose"
07 Moto Guzzi Norge
Wanna be Hack owner

I hope everything works out for you and your wife.

I think that an impromptu get together at Salt Fork, or maybe the Zanesville or Marietta area would be a lot of fun. If any one is still interested me and the Ural would like to attend.

I have a 2013 Ural Patrol and am in Akron, Ohio. A get together sounds good. Salt fork area has some amazing roads. I am in...

Chris

Hi Folks, I'm in Alliance,Ohio and have two sidecar rigs. One is a Ural T 2012 and the other is a 2006 Kawasaki Drifter w/Velorex sidecar which just happens to be for sale. Back to get togethers, there will be a gathering in Warren,Ohio at the Ponderosa on June 1st at noon. The sponser is Terry in Michigan that has the Ural Shop. Any interest? Regards, cueman

ack to

I also own a pizza shop in the North Canton / Plain township area. The dinning room seats about 20, and there is a huge parking lot.... I will donate a few pizzas if anyone is interested in a get together.

That's a very good offer. I hope we can arrange a get together or set up a sidecar bike night to get things started.
Pizza is one of my favorites! Lets do this! Regards,cueman

GOOD IDEA.
I like pizza.
Pick a time and date for a getogether
Give me an address for my GPS and I'll be there
Jim & Alice
Parma, OH

Same here. Thanks for the genous offer.

Let me know the details.

Last day of school for this teacher 🙂

The Norge should make for a good sidecar bike. We have mounts for most other Guzzi's as we own and ride Guzzi's and are life members of the national club however we have yet to develop mounts and steering modifications for the Norge as we have had no requests so far.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
http://www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793
jay@dmcsidecars.com

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

Ok,....now that some computer troubles are out of the way ..... What would work best for an informal cruise in? Weekday or a Saturday? I will post this up on the Soviet steeds, russian Iron and ADV board hack section as well.

Chris

Page 1 of 2Next