Skip to content
Northeast Sidecar D...

Notifications
Clear all

Northeast Sidecar Dealers and Resources?

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@shadow500)
Topic starter

Hi all!  The time has come for our first rig.  Thing is, we live in northern Vermont, and there don't seem to be too many complete rigs for sale up our way, and there also don't seem to be too many sidecar dealers up this way where we can purchase a sidecar and have it installed, unless of course I don't know where to look!  We tried and decided we're not interested in a Ural for a variety of reasons though it is a very turn-key option, and we're not looking to do it DIY.   Potential tugs we like are Triumph T100, possibly Sportster, not for interstate cruising, mainly 50-55 mph backroad cruising.

Any other Vermonters out there?  Or NH or upstate NY?  I'd love to get some recommendations for who you use in this area for purchase/install/setup before we go crazy and look in PA or WA.

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Posted : April 30, 2019 4:01 pm
(@al-olme2)

Dave,

You might start with the Sidecar Resource Maps on this site.  If you do "go crazy" and look in PA, it would be hard tobeat Claude Stanley at Freedom Sidecars.  Good Luck.

Posted : April 30, 2019 4:58 pm
(@swampfox)

Quote from Shadow500 on April 30, 2019, 9:01 pm

.... Potential tugs we like are Triumph T100, possibly Sportster, not for interstate cruising, mainly 50-55 mph backroad cruising....

I 2nd the recommendation to call Claude.  The Triumph T100 can be an great tug, as can be a Sportster:

Lee
MB5+TW200+CRF250L+GTV300+INT650
XL883R w/Texas Ranger Sidecar
Zuma 50F + Burgman w/Texas Sidecar<Mrs. SwampFox

Posted : May 1, 2019 2:11 am
(@big-tom)

Don't discount "Fly and drive". Guy who bought my old rig flew into Phoenix and rode 2500 Miles home....

Posted : May 1, 2019 4:26 am
(@jaydmc)

I am on vacation at this time so can not look it up, if you call our office my office manager can let you know were the nearest dealer for our sidecars is.

We do have several shops we work with in the NE

Also our kits for the bike you are looking at are simple enough that any one who works on your bikes would be able to install it.

Jay G
DMC sidecars

866-638-1793

Posted : May 1, 2019 8:29 am