Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Northeast Alabama USCA Members Gathering

This is a first time attempt for a northeast alabama NSCA gathering the 7-9 Oct 2006 at DeSoto State Park. The park is located on LookOut Mountain near FT Payne. This is a very informal gathering. There are no fees to attend. Attendees can make their own reservations through the park, http://www.DeSotostatepark.com; camping, motel and cabins are available. There are many scenic roads to explore, many local restaurants that offer fine food at reasonable prices, antique shops, Little River Canyon Preserve, and we are approximately 2 hours from Barber's Museum. We'll use the park as a gathering point and go from there; they have a restaurant the serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can contact me at mayrel@hughes.net for additional information. We're hoping this will be a success as the weather is cooler, the fall colors are beautiful, and it's in our region. This is open to any non-members, hack or solo bikes, we don't care...early thanks...ride safe...John

i don't see many replies but i will try to be there. will be my 1st sidecar rally but i'm an "old dog" biker.

Sounds good. You are the first to respond. I figure if anybody shows we'll have a good time. The weather here is cool then and there are plenty of good roads to explore and place to eat, plus you can camp, motel it or whatever you like. I can promise you we'll keep folks busy riding, eating and BSing...isn't that what's it all about? Thanks for your reponse...ride safe..John

Originally written by john merrell on 8/28/2006 8:33 PM

Sounds good. You are the first to respond. I figure if anybody shows we'll have a good time. The weather here is cool then and there are plenty of good roads to explore and place to eat, plus you can camp, motel it or whatever you like. I can promise you we'll keep folks busy riding, eating and BSing...isn't that what's it all about? Thanks for your reponse...ride safe..John

looking forward to meeting you john. i have some 2 wheel friends who have shown interest. maybe we should start a poll in the general forum as to who plans to come. what do you think?

Things aren't looking too good....two responses; one maybe and you. I think I'll cancel this idea along with my membership in USCA....sorry...John

Are you planning a 2007 Rally?

i would like to see a rally in alabama this year. maybe 29 dreams motorcycle resort and a trip to barbers. i think john got discouraged last year as there was no interest shown.