USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Noob 1st sidecar barn find 71 CL350 and Bingham Mark II

I strapped mine up like you were thinking of doing while I did adjustments. I put ballast on the seat, as if I were riding. I don't get how these guys do it, they are either double-jointed monkeys, or have a cadre of helpers. 😉 When I was done, I did recheck the measurements with me on the saddle, but that's about all I could handle was measuring, I couldn't measure, adjust, and still be in the saddle. I dunno, the pros have all sorts of tricks and secrets, I'm just glad they share so nicely. Not real I'd even have gotten a sidecar without their help.

Also- probably want to check the fork seals and shocks. It sounds like the front end was done recently, but if it was done as well as the steering head... Shrug. My fork seals were horrible, they were leaking oil just before I attached the car, and when I tried changing the preload on the shocks to make it maximum load, one of them actually snapped. So right from the beginning, I had new shocks and fork seals, and I did check the steering head. I didn't have any shake or wobble. I am not running a CB350, though. Loved that bike, 1970 was my first bike (but it was an old bike by then).

For toe in measurements, use only the rear tire as it is usually a different size than the front and it doesn't move laterally in relation to the bike frame.

Lonnie

Hack'n - 2/10/2017 12:29 PM

For toe in measurements, use only the rear tire as it is usually a different size than the front and it doesn't move laterally in relation to the bike frame.

Lonnie

That is how I did the measurement. I reasoned that since it didn't move and was wider it would be where the measurements should take place. But thank you for mentioning it.

A little update. After my son increased the length of the front link arm I was able to get the bike to lean a degree or two to the left. I've taken a couple of test rides and so has my son. He said it's a completely different bike and a pleasure to ride now. So I must have it pretty close. Then he showed me how to ride on two wheels all the way down the road! Ahh to be young again.