Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

No Longer Wanted: Kawasaki Vulcan Drifter 1500 plus Sidecar, or Other?

EDIT: I found an R1200C and Steib kit, so I'm no longer looking. Thanks for all suggestions.
==========
I'm looking for a Vulcan Drifter 1500 with a sidecar, or possibly another touring rig as nice-looking. I go for that retro look! I want an engine at least 1000 cc too.

Please contact Gerrit at gerrit@exality.com with any leads. I can arrange shipping.

Saw this on Craigslist a while back.
Although the ad says 1600cc the Drifter was only available in 800cc and 1500cc.

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/mcy/4868439027.html

Thanks, Sal. This is a really nice bike but I don't like the styling of the sidecar. It doesn't match the Drifter IMO, and it's too wide.

I do appreciate the tip!

Gerrit

Check out this one on Craigslist in central California.

http://modesto.craigslist.org/mcy/4897492937.html

Great tip CCjon -- thanks! I've left a message.

EDIT: It was gone by the time I reached them this morning. Dang...

Gerrit

gerritb - 2/9/2015 1:39 PM

I'm looking for a Vulcan Drifter 1500 with a sidecar, or possibly another touring rig as nice-looking. I go for that retro look! I want an engine at least 1000 cc too.

Please contact Gerrit at gerrit@exality.com with any leads. I can arrange shipping.

I have a very nice solo 97 Vulcan Classic 1500 for $2700.00 with 18k miles in Wichita, Ks.

You could put your own personal choice hack on it!

Thank you, Toyman. The Classic is a great style but I'm a sucker for the voluptuous curves of the Drifter fenders. I'm negotiating for an '02 Drifter right now, with the idea of putting a Champion Legend on it, so I may end up with a do-it-yourself hack after all. Will post here how it goes.

gerritb - 3/1/2015 9:38 PM

Thank you, Toyman. The Classic is a great style but I'm a sucker for the voluptuous curves of the Drifter fenders. I'm negotiating for an '02 Drifter right now, with the idea of putting a Champion Legend on it, so I may end up with a do-it-yourself hack after all. Will post here how it goes.

I would concur; the Drifter is cool. Why not just get the real deal and buy my 2000 Indian that I also have for sale! I'm thinning out my stable of toys to make room for a 2wd Ural.

How much do you want for your Indian? Miles, condition? If this Drifter deal falls through I'll consider it.

gerritb - 3/2/2015 11:45 AM

How much do you want for your Indian? Miles, condition? If this Drifter deal falls through I'll consider it.

This bike is pretty pristine.

I currently have it listed on C.L.

nnjrx-4887778359@sale.craigslist.org