Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral Discussion: General DiscussionNewbie
Please to create posts and topics.

Been on the forum lurking for a while now.

Semi-retired, riding bikes since 1971.

Just purchased a 2007 Ultra Classic TLE sidecar with mounts to hook up to my 2013 HD Street Glide.
Been dreaming of this since I first saw a rig when I was as young as hector's pup.

I have been looking for the past 2-1/2 years. Road one in Sturgis in 2013 and was hocked.

Once I pick it up and mounted, i will post some pictures.
Alot of great information on this site.

Tom

Attached files

Welcome to The World of Sidecars

Welcome to the slightly off-center world of sidecars, Tom!

I'm sure you discovered with your ride in Sturgis that a sidecar rig is way different than a 2-wheeld bike. While you are waiting for your rig to be set up, now would be a good time to read up on as much material as you can find. Lots of resources here on the forum. Take it slow, get lots of parking lot practice and remember that it's real easy to get over confident with your piloting skills. Reverse camber turns and careless right turns can lead to a tip-over or an over-correction that will take you into the path of on-coming traffic. Do load up the car with 50-100 pounds of non-human, non-animal ballast as you learn.

Oh, and another bit of advice, do NOT refer to you significant other as ballast! Monkey* is acceptable as long as it's Boss Monkey!

*(if you have ever watched a racing rig in action, you'll know where the term Monkey came from)

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good folks and info here.

Picked up sidecar today
2007 HD Ultra Classic TLE.
Need to clean it up and replace tire.
Any idea if I should go to a car tire or stay with cycle tire
Bike in shop so have to wait to mount and ride.

Don't know hao to post pictures.

Tom

Dunlop Elite3's work well.

Hi Tom,

As described in my post in Technical Discussion I just switched to a car tire in the rear and I l o v e the difference. Unless you plan to occasionally take the car off and ride your bike solo, I think you'll appreciate the additional footprint the car tire gives you.

Good luck and enjoy!

Phil

I have a 96 TLE sidecar and it has the narrow 16" wheel like the older bikes (I think 2008 and older). I don't think you can find a car tire for the sidecar if it has this 3" wide 16" wheel. You should be able to find a good car tire for the rear of your bike though.

figured out how do do the picture thingie.

Tom