USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

New Year ride

Here's my bride (Judy) and me off for our 50th annual New Year Day ride. 52 years together but I was in a cast one year and there was a silver thaw one year with solid ice all around.
8 degrees in the morning and 18 at sundown when we arrived back home. Wind chill way below zero but we just had cold fingertips when we got back to the shop. Nice sunny high desert day to start the year.

Lonnie

Attached files

Hack'n - 1/2/2011 3:41 PM Here's my bride (Judy) and me off for our 50th annual New Year Day ride. 52 years together but I was in a cast one year and there was a silver thaw one year with solid ice all around. 8 degrees in the morning and 18 at sundown when we arrived back home. Wind chill way below zero but we just had cold fingertips when we got back to the shop. Nice sunny high desert day to start the year. Lonnie

Very nice pictures. Unfortunetely, due to a winter tire law in effect in Quebec, Canada from December 15th until March 15th, we are unable to ride regardless of the weather situation.

That 2nd pix is a "Gem"! Looks like you and your Bride had a Great Start to a New Year!

Outstanding!
thank you Lonnie........

That's great Lonnie. Thanks for sharing the pics. And congrats on the 52 years.

Jena & I simply rode the 2 dogs around the neighborhood while testing the new Ikon fork springs in Jena's Burgman rig. /Lee

Lee Summer Grove, LA R1100GS/CSM Sidecar, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L

Did my first new year ride since relocating to PA. Claude took me and the other CSM guys on some good roads before the ride even began at the meeting place. No snowballs,but a bit on the chilly side when we left at 8 am. Warmed up and good ride home after breakfast.

Awesome!

I was out for 3 great hours on Jan 1st. The only thing was it was 3 hours of rain. Great ride though.

Garry

Happy New Year! Looks like a great day!
I got in a short ride - warmer weather- 45 - degrees. Some of my favorite roads were blocked due to mud slides and washouts. What was open was pretty well cleaned up, so no rushing water to contend with. It was a good jaunt, and a great way to start 2011.

Have a great year.. Everyone!
Gail, SoCal

Happy New Year! Great pictures Lonnie; congratulations on the 52 years! And yes, Claude has a way of finding some great scenery/roads... Fun riding with you Dave; looking forward to more my friend.