Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

New to sight Looking to Buy

I am looking for a nice sidecar for my 2004 Honda Gold Wing. Willing to pay fair price. I am in South Jersey zip 08322 let me know what you have. Thanks Pete

Some thing to keep in mind, Most sidecars for the GL1500 and your GL1800 are made with longer frames as these bikes are much longer then most. Also you are going to need proper mounts for the bike. Your frame is made from aluminum. By 2004 Honda had pretty much worked out the issues they had with the earlier GL1800's but still mounts have to take this into account. In the case of the mounts we make, we made it a point to bridge any point on the GL frame that Honda had issues with. The thought being that if the Honda frame were to fail, the sidecar hardware would hold it together. Also some mounts for these bikes are really ugly. Our mounts look like we simply welded mounts to the front crash bars when in fact what we did was to make new crash bars out of heavy gauge steel and replace the hardware under the plastic with much more robust parts for the crash bars to attach to. Should you find a used sidecar unless it was made for a GL1800 and comes with mounts for a GL1800 feel free to contact me before you even take a look at it. I can tell you if it will be a safe match up, what it will cost to get it onto your bike and most importantly some sidecars can never be safe on your bike and others by the time you make them safe they may not be such a good deal. Our least expensive sidecar for your bike is the Kenna single which would come in a long frame version and with the proper mounts for your bike.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
866-638-1793
http://www.dmcsidecars.com

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

Peter- Jay is the man. It's worth paying him to do what he's offering free. Just saying. 🙂