USCA Sidecar Forum

WE CONTINUE TO BE HIT BY PHISHING ATTACKS. THE SITE HAS NOT BEEN “HACKED”, THEY ARE JUST PICKING UP INFO THAT IS IN THE OPEN. PLEASE BE EXTRA CAREFUL AND DO NOT RESPOND!

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

New Sidecar

Hi every one after a long wait due to a back and knee injury i was able to get Johnny Sweet to build and install a sidecar on my Road Star. I will try to load some pictures from photobucket.http://s356.photobucket.com/user/floridaboy/library/

Cant wait , sounds like an awesome combination.

Doug "Rain Man" Plotner 2nd Thief M/M chapter coordinator Eastern Panhandle WV USCA #8789 01 883C Sportster /Velorex combo 95 Ultra Classic Electra Glide /California Friendship combo Iron Butt Association member

floridaboy - 2/3/2016 2:11 PM

Hi every one after a long wait i was able to get Johnny Sweet to build and install a sidecar on my Road Star. I will try to load some pictures from photobucket: http://s356.photobucket.com/user/floridaboy/library/

Good looking rig, indeed:

Lee Summer Grove, LA Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Beautiful rig! Enjoy!

Fine looking outfit!

I have had a chance to do some riding with the new rig. I am still learning to handle it but with time i think i will be able to master it. Johnny was a great builder to do business with. When i went up to pick up the rig he spent some time with me to show me how to handle the rig. I was able to see his operation and many different sidecars he builds on different bikes. All i can say is he is a master builder of the highest quality.

Rig looks great! Johnny builds a great rig. Like you I'm getting used to a new rig. I have over 2,000 mi.. on it but still careful in the curves. I judge my progress by how well I can hang with the 2 wheelers. So far so good. It also forces me to sharpen my skills. Keep riding, ride safe, ride hard!

Don't worry about hanging with the two wheelers. It can be very dangerous going beyond your capabilities. Some have died trying.
Let good sense be your guide.

Lonnie

Great looking setup. Mr . sweet is building a classic for me in April . I hope it lookes as good as yours when completed. Is the step in get in and out standard or did you have him add it on ?
I can't wait for the phone call letting me know that I'm next on the build list. I hope l'm riding in late April.
Do you have any advice for a newbe ?

Great looking rig. Be safe.
TomM