Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

"New" rig

Hello Gang,
Unless the deal falls through, it looks like I will have a 2003 silver and burgundy Road Star with a color matched 2-seater Bimmer sidecar. To replace the rig I lost before Christmas. The bike has 42k [42 000KMS] on the odometer but is showroom clean, and the colormatched sidecar is new. Wish me luck!

Good luck, got any pictures, what is a bimmer sidecar?

Same sidecar as my last one pictured here. [This is my old rig before the fire]

Attached files

Good luck on the deal.l I will be waiting for the pics to follow.

OK I got you, in my neck of the woods we call them a Chang Jiang 750 Sidecar. Sort of a Chinnese copy of a 1938 BMW, I like the rumble rear seat.

Exactly.

Check this link from TransMOTO

http://www.trans-moto.com/a_bimmer_a.htm

This is the company I got my first rig from, and where I am getting my newest one from. They just moved into a bigger location with a better equiped machine shop and paint booth.

I won a $300.00 coupond from Trans Moto at the USCA national last summer. Would you like it?

Best wishes and best of luck in the deal for the new rig.

Why don't you order something from them?

It is a Chang Jaing (Chaing Jang?) obviously re-named by Trans Moto. They are cool sidecars with the body sprung by half leaf springs rather than rubber like a Ural sidecar. We have imported a couple of them from Jimbo's Classic Sidecars, a site sponsor here. One was raffled off at the ISOK Sidecar RON DEE VOO last year.
See attached picture of sidecar and also frame.

Attached files

Its a phenominal sidecar. Its a sidecar you are not worried about scratching. You can just have fun with it.