Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

New rig on the road

It started last October when I drove from VA to MI on a weekend to purchase a Hannigan Astro that I thought was a good buy. At the time the only solo bike I had was a BMW 08 K12GT. After some figuring and investigation I realized this was not going to be a good tug for such a big chair. While on my 8 day 3700mi trip last summer I realized I missed my rig and my long distance two wheel touring may be coming to a close. About a month later I ran across a 99 BMW K12LT with only 4200mi. I was able to make a trade for my GT and the build began. I set about sourcing mounts. steering mods, tires etc. Had the chair painted to match the bike. I just finished and put it on the road Friday! 🙂

Attached files

Wow very nice looking rig, Big congrats on the new set up. looks like a lot of smiles waiting to get out of that thing

USCA # 8913

That's cruz'n in style!

Good looking rig you got there. Nice work putting it all together.

Bring it to the USCA rally in Corning NY, last weekend in July.

Plan on being there!

One of nicest looking sidecars I've seen. Congrats and enjoy your new rig!

Wow, Looks Great! Bring it to Sidecars In The Smokies, Apr 28-30.

will be there! 🙂

Looks Great!

"Sometimes, it is Fun to let them Slowly pass by, then Smile, as they wipe the drewl of their face."

Stripes. Such a personal thing. You paint the sidecar to match the bike, then you step back, and you say"Well, it's nice, but it's a little plain. IT NEEDS SOME STRIPES!" Then comes the hard part. What kind of stripes? How many colors? Straight or wavy? And where exactly? I think I've spent more time obsessing about stripes than any other farkle. LOL

Anyways, Bill, I like the stripes. Came out great.

Feel pinched into the arm..*...Congratulation to that set up.
Sven

* (to pinch somebody in CR is a good luck wish for a new acquisition)

Thanks, somehow I thought it needed something. They do line up at the correct angle! I put full stripes on my other rig.

Attached files

Nice rig!