Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

New Minnesota state rep for the USCA

I thought that I should introduce myself as I have been appointed by the USCA board to take Al Olme's place as the state representative to the USCA for Minnesota.  To tell you the truth, I'm not completely sure what the position  involves, but I am a sidecar enthusiast for sure and I saw Al post that he wanted to step down from the position after doing a fine job of it for many years.  I bought my first sidecar about 10 years ago.  I found a Hitchhiker sidecar in a small town near me sitting in the back yard of a house.  I hunted down the owner, bought the sidecar, and found a 1981 Honda CB900 to mount it to.  I no longer own that rig, but I do presently own five sidecars!  (Yeah, I know- too many right?)

I live in the small town of St. James, in southern Minnesota.  For those of you from far away I would describe it as half way between Minneapolis/St. Paul MN and Sioux Falls SD.  For those people that know Minnesota well I would tell them that I am 38 miles SW of Mankato, MN.

In the past few years I have attended the national USCA rally when it was held by Sturgis, SD as well as having attended  a SKUNK (Side Cars Up North) rally in Wisconsin and a sidecar rally in Anamosa, Iowa.  The Sturgis bike rally is an annual event for my wife and I as we are only 500 miles away and we have taken a sidecar rig to that rally four out of the last five years.

Anyway, I thought that I should let people know a little bit about me and my passion for riding three wheels.  I am a very lucky man as my wife Cheri has also fallen in love with sidecars and prefers riding in the sidecar to riding on two wheels.

USCA Member and Minnesota State Representative

Hi Mike, Welcome. 

Having been a state rep in the past I can tell you it will be what ever you chose to make of it! As to 5 rigs, you do know the formula for the perfect number of sidecar rigs? It is of course X + 1

Jay G
DMC sidecars

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

Folks!!   I am putting a Cozy Euro Sidecar on my 2021 650cc Royal Enfield Interceptor later this month.  Marty at http://GoMotoMN.com is putting it on for me.  The sidecar company uses a photo of a bike like mine at its webpage.  I am getting it to take my Akita dog (Photo of her below) along with me camping and hopefully to get the wife to ride with me.

Is there any kind of non-brand sidecar club in the Twin Cities?

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Welcome Lee, your Akita will love you for getting a sidecar.  Hope you are an extrovert, people will gather around you every time you stop for fuel or food when the dog is with you. SDF = Sidecar Delay factor. 

All sidecar clubs/groups/gatherings are non-branded. Even Harley riders will wave when I'm on the BMW rig, but not when I'm on a two wheel BMW. 

Join the USCA and get the magazine. There is a two regional rallies coming up soon in the upper mid-west. Check out the events section on this site. 

Lee Love has reacted to this post.
Lee Love

Welcome aboard Mike 

Lee Love has reacted to this post.
Lee Love
USCA # 8913
Quote from CCjon on August 8, 2021, 9:26 pm

Join the USCA and get the magazine. There is a two regional rallies coming up soon in the upper mid-west. Check out the events section on this site. 

Thanks!   I just joined.    Yes, my Akita in the car gets lotsa attention. 

Thanks again,

Lee & Momo

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

Welcome Lee!

I live in S.W. Minnesota 38 miles S.W. of Mankato.  I am presently escaping the Minnesota cold in Southern Texas, but I'll be back in Minnesota in the beginning of April.  I plan on attending the spring Flood Run that takes place the third weekend in April.  Hopefully we can touch base some time and get to know each other.

Thane Lewis has reacted to this post.
Thane Lewis
USCA Member and Minnesota State Representative