Notifications
Clear all

New member from SW Florida

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@keith-dibb)
Topic starter

Hello, I currently do not have a sidecar but have been fascinated with them for many years.  I currently ride a Honda Silverwing scooter.  I would appreciate to hear from anyone who has a sidecar mounted to a Silverwing and how well it performs.

thank you, and enjoy your ride.

Dibber

Posted : August 28, 2020 2:19 pm
(@jaydmc)

As no one else has jumped in. We have done a few Silverwing sidecars and do make proper bike specific mounts for these however some thing that is usually a good thing, we have had no feed back one way or the other.  Our mounts do not interfere with where you can put your feet on the floor boards. I have seen  mounts that do. We usually go with our Kenna sidecar. Not sure what other companies make mounts, I know Texas sidecars use to, they may still. If considering going with a sidecar that comes with mounts that "fit" your bike take some time to poke around the forum, you will find some warning about these sidecars and their "universal" mounts. While I have never met Mark who owns "Florida sidecar products"  he may be a good resource for you. Seems to be a good guy.

I know that there is at least one regular poster here who has had a silverwing. So hopefully there will be more posts.

Jay G
DMC sidecars

866-638-1793

www.dmcsidecars.com

Posted : August 31, 2020 4:54 am
(@Anonymous)

We have 2 650 Burgman rigs. They perform very well. Cruise at posted speeds with no trouble. Get 40 mpg.  Silver wing should compare pretty much the same.

Avanell & J. .R. Lewis

Crockett Texas.

Posted : August 31, 2020 6:02 am