Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

New member from Stowe, Vermont

Since I put a deposit down on a Hannigan dual sport today the whole thing suddenly became official, so I probably ought to introduce myself.

I'm Pete. Born and raised in San Diego CA, then served 14 years in the Navy and Marine Corps which pretty much broke the bonds to my birthplace. Got out when I was accepted to grad school. The plan was to go back in with my Doc, put in the remaining years till retirement, then start life as a civilian. But somewhere along the line I met and married a fantastic Vermonter. She had multiple generations buried in her side yard (a seven acre meadow) so her roots were deeper than mine. So now we live in her ancestral farmhouse on 150 forested acres just outside of Stowe. Smugglers' Notch is a handful of miles away. We have three golden retrievers, three mean cats, a flock of Icelandic Sheep, and another of chickens. Oh, and she also has angora rabbits.

Been riding 40 years, but always on two wheels. The problem is that as I ride solo more, camping along the way to reduce costs, I find that I can't stand my own company at night. The wife has no interest in motorcycling or camping, and since two of my dogs enjoy riding the ATV with me I figured camping with them would make me very happy. Besides, they cuddle better than the wife. I saw a spectacularly lovely yellow Hannigan last summer at the BMWMOA Rally in TN, drooled over it, wanted it, and as fate would have it nearly a year later lucked into finding David looking to replace it with a rig based on the 2010 GS. I offered him shameless bribes of gourmet coffee and put a deposit down as soon as he would let me.

I'll get my GS hacked by Claude in PA hopefully some time in mid-June, spend a leisurely two days riding home via the back roads getting used to this new way of riding.

And since I can't afford the ride out to the Beemer rally in Oregon now, I look forward to meeting many of you at the USCA Rally in VT instead!

Pete

Attached files

Hi Pete,

Welcome and we will be looking forward to meeting you in Vermont See you in July!

NIce hannigan classic. I have the new conte . I won't be in vermont any time soon but welcome to the site from a newbie!

Welcome Pete. It will be beautiful rig. Elmer down in here in Southern Arkansas has a red GS/Hannigan rig known as the Red Fox (or is it the Red Foxx?)

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Welcome to the site. I will not make the Nat Rally this year but we may meet up some where down the road.

Very nice, Pete!