Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

New member from Canada

Page 1 of 2Next

And very new to the idea of getting a sidecar for my 06 Honda Aero 750! Sidecarmike referred me to this site and thanx Mike BTW! I see Ara is on here too! Hi Ara and Spirit!

I am getting very interested in adding a sidecar to my bike mostly because I intend on travelling with my lil Georgia...she deserves to ride in style and in comfort! Last year I introduced her to my bike via a cat crate to control her movement as she was just a year old then... now I am supposedly heading west with her in her new Tbag carrier this summer.. I say supposedly because we may not be going if gas prices continue to soar.....hence thoughts again about adding a sidecar to the Red Baron!...likely a used one...what we don't do for our dogs eh? HAHA!!

I had thought about adding a trailer eventually but that would NEVER do for Georgia and me! I want to be able to grin at her lil face every now and then while riding and I'm sure she would love to do the same! Even thought about hauling a kayak with us, but for now I will rent them now and then while camping.. I LOVE the water as much camping and riding!

I also work with someone who is fixing up/painting his BMW /sidecar rig this year and will refer him to this site if he isn't already on here...hope to meet some of you in the future!

Attached files

Welcome Linda! Glad you made the trip.

Guys, just don't ask her about laundry. 🙂

Welcome to the world of sidecaring.

@ Mike...HAHA!! Yer already warnin them I see! HAHA!!! @ Rick...thanx! You are in Key Largo? MY fave place in Fla!! Hope to ride down to Fla sometime but it'll be a cold days' ride starting out from Windsor when I go! Would only go there in winter...

If you can't make the trip out west, check out the 2011 USCA National Rally in Dayton, Ohio July 28-30. Even if you are going out west it might be a place to stop on the way. For what it is worth, the gasoline price gouging on our side of the boarder is less than the price gouging on your side.

Welcome aboard, ride safe!

I have a 97 1100 Shadow with a hannigan conte. Are you thinking of taking the 750 on the freeway with the side car? My 1100 has a total of 50hp and I can make 110km/hr without a headwind and with a passenger. On the back roads it's no problem at 80 or 90 km/h. Make sure you get a lighter sidecar for the 750 because you want to be able to pull it along nicely with the reduced horsepower

I'm In Bowmanville Ontario so I struggle with the 401 but the rest of the roads are great!

kayakinbiker - 3/13/2011 11:17 AM
... I am getting very interested in adding a sidecar to my bike mostly because I intend on travelling with my lil Georgia....

Welcome to our off-set world. It was Maddie the rescue puppy that paved the way for our 1st sidecar.

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Be careful, they can be addictive. I'm just about finished with the Goldwing. I was having a conversation today with a friend, talking about the salt we accrue when riding on winter roads. Since I haven't been able to sell the Guzzi, I'm starting to think about building a winter rig. :0)

kayakinbiker - 3/13/2011 11:17 AM
...what we don't do for our dogs eh? HAHA!!

🙂 Welcome kayakinbiker! I can see you and Georgia are going to fit right in!
Oh, and don't worry about me, my Momma taught me to do my own laundry! 😉

My 09 model 750 Aero.

40 to 45 MPG ---80 MPH top end--- cruise all day at 65 mph---Roomy sidecar
Very stable.

Phelonius

My 09 model 750 Aero.

40 to 45 MPG ---80 MPH top end--- cruise all day at 65 mph---Roomy sidecar
Very stable.

Phelonius

Very nice setup Phelonius!! Same bike.. mine's older, an 06 but that looks awesome on our bike! What make/model/year is your sidecar? Info please on where to buy new/used and does it come in my dark candy red HONDA standadrd colour? Thanx for any info! kayak

Phel

That's a nice Rig!
Did you keep your standard staggered exhausts? I am modifying mine to bring them to the back of the bike to eliminate noise and fumes at the stop lights. Almost 8" on the top and something like 20 " on the bottom to bring them equal to look like shotguns. I am actually sleeving the stock pipes on outside od ( +/-
3 inches dia ) using crome tractor trailer pipes and extending them to the back . Hopefully no back pressure increase will happen because the pipe exit is about 1" at the end of stock pipes going into 3" open chamber.

Note to all : If I am wrong please tell me now because they are about to be tig welded on soon.

(Sorry didn't mean to try and take over the thread, just looking for opinions)

Linda,
The sidecar is a Kenna Standard single. They were manufactured in Canada at one time now in the US.
They only come in black gel coat and must be painted if other colors are desired.
I have one single and one double in stock here in Boise, Idaho.

Attached files

What car do you have on the bike in your profile pic Hack'n?

It's a Liberty Classic, custom built by my friend Pete Larsen of Liberty Motors in Seattle, WA

Attached files

VERY nice! I'm heading out that way this summer...I like the front but wonder if the fender can be fashioned more like an Aero rear fender....hmmm.....

Sorry,
Liberty sidecars are only made for Harley Davidson Motorcycles.

L.

Linda,

Take a look at the Motorvation Spider. It would look good on your bike.

http://www.motorvation.com

Page 1 of 2Next