Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

New Jersey Newbie: Would like to make local contact

Page 1 of 2Next

Hi all

I live in northern NJ (Chester Twp.) and I am in the process of setting up a 1989 Honda Pacific Coast with a Velorex 563. I would like to meet other sidecar enthusiasts. Actually, I run another regular motorcycle board at http://www.ssyso.com . It started out as a joke as a few of us had yellow V-Stroms. It's now turned into a bunch of really nice people who ride and hang out together.

Anyway, I degress. If you are within shot of Morris County NJ, and have a bike with a sidecar, I'd love to meet you 🙂

Gus (aka "Costa" - my real Greek name)

Welcome Gus. I'd suggest we meet for breakfast Saturday morning, but I can't quite make it to Jersey this weekend.

Keep us posted re: your PC800 rig.

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

🙂

Although I'm in South Jersey (we haven't managed to break away from North Jersey just yet)
if you're ever down this way give a yell. I avoid going north at all costs. I'm in Ocaen City - 609-398-9281.

Ralph

Thanks Ralph . I will definitely get ahold of you in the spring when it warms up. Jersey winters suck for riding for me. My Greek blood can't take the cold. My number is 973-462-0702
Thanks again....
BTW, is that a Velorex in your avatar?

Gus - that's a Road King with a TLE sidecar.

Hmmm...hard to beleive that there were no responses to this. Nobody else here is from NJ??

I am in wayne nj i ride goldwing 1500 with sidecar

Dean the Bean
My number is 973-462-0702. I'm in Chester Twp, about 1/2 from you. Gimme a call when we're out of this deep freeze. I'd love to see you and the rig.

By the way, I am now the official USCA NJ representative! My number is 973-462-0702

how the sidecar going

senorcosta - 12/30/2010 7:52 PM
... I am now the official USCA NJ representative....

Thanks Gus.

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Hi,Gus and Dean, NJ also, (Wayne) I have a 2004 Ultra Classic with TLE sidecar, right now it's a project replacing the triple tree and have to check the cam chain tensioners, and a couple of other little odds and ends. Too cold to work in the garage and work schedule sorta gets in the way. Maybe in the springtime we could meet up. Not too many sidecars in our area.

Well, that makes four of us so far in NJ. Maybe we can have a parade 🙂 haha Seriously, we should at least have a small gathering sometime in the spring/early summer. NJ is not THAT big and I am sure we could find a common meeting ground.
BTW Dean, it's at a standstill. Waiting for it to get painted plus its just too damn cold to work on it anyway. Hopefully, by March it'll be put together and ready for some trials.

senorcosta - 12/31/2010 9:03 AM
...we should at least have a small gathering sometime in the spring/early summer. NJ is not THAT big and I am sure we could find a common meeting ground....

Gus, you may want to pick a good weekend at a somewhat interesting location for an informal get-together for sidecar enthusiasts. Possibilities include campgrounds, marinas and the like. The Uncertain?Rendezvous Caddo Lake rally began with such the simple idea: We just selected a facility with a cafe', reasonable accommodations and a place to hang out and tell stories, then invited sidecar enthusiasts to come join us. It later developed into a "rally" with the help of JR/Avanell and all the attendees. It was the first sidecar event we'd ever attended. FYI, here's the original post: http://www.sidecar.com/mbbs22/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=6157&posts=9&highlight=Uncertain&highlightmode=1#M39537

I forgot to add my friend Hank. He has a BMW with a Ural and is also in Ocean City. He's a long time USCA member but doesn't use a computer.

Woo hoo! That's makes 5 so far. I have no problem meeting down there but perhaps we can meet halfway (Belmar?) to make it easy on everyone.
Let's keep looking for more people. There's got to be more than 5 in NJ 🙂

Count me in how about a ride to new hope pa great riding area

after many years i just bought another sidecar.i am in South Jersey.hopefully as the weather gets nice we will catch you out on the road.

i took my first sidecar drive in 15 years today.they dropped my sidecar off at a local diner .of course it didnt start but thats why jumper cables are good thing to have.but it was nice to be on a bike again and great not to have to put my feet down.so iam looking forward to spring and meeting some more sidecar people here in NJ

Page 1 of 2Next