USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

New guy -wants to build sidecar... moped sized

Hey there,
I go by Chainmaker on the forums. I've been building motorbikes for a few years and I'm currently building my latest with plans for a sidecar. I've got a lot of info on the chassis, it's mainly the body plans or a used shell that I'm looking for. The car will be used for slow leisurely drives with my kids ( not more than 25mph) bike shows and maybe the Mrs. If she's nice. The bikes I build are registered as mopeds and the sidecar needs to be moped sized, can anyone help with some good threads or plans for a body. I've attached pics the first is my last bike build a 1950 schwin whizzer the whizzer motor is 1947. The 2nd is my current bike that will be getting the side car it is also a 1950 Schwinn but the motor is a worked Briggs 3hp that's been worked to put out about 8hp

I would like to say thanks for any help in advance.

chain

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I assume minimum weight is important. Think airplane fabric and dope. Modern materials use heat to shrink the synthetic materials over a wood frame.