Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

New Gen 3 Dream sidecar by Hannigan

Page 1 of 2Next

Rode my '19 Wing w/DCT out to Murray, Kentucky to have Hannigan sidecars install a new Gen 3 Dream sidecar, that I had ordered in May. 

Spent 5 days there , whilst the gang at Hannigan did the complete installation.

Left there Saturday morning, driving the new rig back to Washington State.

590 miles yesterday.

678 miles today.

Will be 585 miles tomorrow.

And finally 535 miles on Tuesday...then I will be home.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
SwampFox, 1bmwmc and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
SwampFox1bmwmcDRONECCjonsmitty901DynamickReardan Tom
Two Million Miles, and All 7 Continents

Outstanding . That is an amazing rig.

FlyinMonkeys has reacted to this post.
FlyinMonkeys

Wow, that is a absolutely Beautiful set up. hell of a trip too 

FlyinMonkeys
USCA # 8913

Is that a wide front tire. They also did a nice job on making the back half matching it to the Honda.  Good luck with it, nice looking rig.

FlyinMonkeys

Very Beautiful, I love the way they look together. You say you are from Washington? Are you on the East side or West side? I am on the East Side but used to live on the West side.

FlyinMonkeys
Dennis P. Spokane WA USAF Retired 1996 Harley FLHTCUI with Liberty Sidecar

Fine looking rig!! I sure hope to read the story of your trip in the Sidecarist. Also, like Dennis said, where in WA are you. Perhaps either of you would consider being the WA rep? It's good duty. I was for a number of years but having some health issues currently that seem to be reducing my activity. I know Dave (NW rep) and Billie (ID rep) are both facing some health issues as well. I'm younger than either of them. Sure would be good to get some new motivated people. Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your post.

FlyinMonkeys
- "retired" WA state rep. Many years and many posts more than what show up here now.

Gray?  GRAY?? Is that the only color they had?

Next time I see you I'm guessing this will be your new hairstyle?

You're stylin' now!

Big Tom, Thane Lewis and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
Big TomThane LewisFlyinMonkeysBen Franklin
Quote from 2FLTC on September 19, 2022, 7:50 am

Is that a wide front tire. They also did a nice job on making the back half matching it to the Honda.  Good luck with it, nice looking rig.

Yes, the entire front end is Super Wide. They moved my original front tire over to the sidecar, then installed a Super WIDE hassock front end, with new WIDE front fender, etc...and a 180/65-16 Michelin Commander lll tire. The new front end has had the trail reduced, so it steers much easier.

I had installed a new Bridgestone BT-46...140/70-18 tire onto my original front wheel, before leaving WESTERN Washington, to ride the bike to Hannigan in Kentucky. Once they started the installation process, they moved that original front wheel, and the 140/70-18 tire over to the sidecar. Also installed a new Yokohama Avid Envigor 195/55-16 run flat onto the rear wheel, before I rode out to Kentucky.

Quote from Dennis Peabody on September 19, 2022, 3:42 pm

Very Beautiful, I love the way they look together. You say you are from Washington? Are you on the East side or West side? I am on the East Side but used to live on the West side.

West side...just outside the small town of Tenino, 15 miles south of Olympia.

Quote from Reardan Tom on September 19, 2022, 7:07 pm

Fine looking rig!! I sure hope to read the story of your trip in the Sidecarist. Also, like Dennis said, where in WA are you. Perhaps either of you would consider being the WA rep? It's good duty. I was for a number of years but having some health issues currently that seem to be reducing my activity. I know Dave (NW rep) and Billie (ID rep) are both facing some health issues as well. I'm younger than either of them. Sure would be good to get some new motivated people. Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your post.

I "nominate"....DRONE...to be the Washington State rep....as he knows more about sidecars, and the hack community than I do.

On the ride out to Hannigan in Kentucky, I was fortunate to attend the Flint Hills Sidecar Rally, in Council Grove, Kansas. What a great bunch of people at this gathering. I even won the Long Distance  award.....of course, coming from Washington State, it was almost a given.

MGV8, smitty901 and Reardan Tom have reacted to this post.
MGV8smitty901Reardan Tom

That is a very nice looking rig. Nice to know that Hannigan will do all of those extras for you. 

FlyinMonkeys
2009 Yamaha Venture with Hannigan Hack 1999 Valkyrie IS 2006 Goldwing 2021 Ram 3500/6.7HO

Just a few updated pics. And some showing my new rig UP on my car lift, in my shop. Much easier to work on a sidecar rig, if it is 6' up in the air.

Uploaded files:
Sidewise, MGV8 and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
SidewiseMGV8CCjonsmitty901Thane Lewis

Looks amazing.

FlyinMonkeys
Quote from smitty901 on October 29, 2022, 11:06 am

Looks amazing.

Sure does

FlyinMonkeys
Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

More pictures. Over the past 5 weeks since I have had this new rig home, and in my own shop, I have tweaked this and that, to make things the way I want them to be, regarding heat shrink tubing on the wiring, installing washers in places I thought there should have been washers in the first place, enclosing all wiring inside the plastic sleeve to protect the wiring...little things like that. I have to give Hannigan Sidecars kudos for doing such a good job in this build, especially compared to what other sidecar companies in the USA have produced lately, but with any custom built sidecar rig, there will be the "small things" that an owner will want to tidy up, tweak here and there. In my opinion, Hannigan Sidecars gets an A grade for this build...I just took it to an A+, for my own satisfaction.

Slowly changing things from a Hannigan labeled rig, to a Honda labeled rig, and am considering calling it a Hooligan Sidecar 

So far I have about 4,000 miles on the newly completed rig, and it does perform as well as I hoped it would, suspected it would, and expected it to.

Uploaded files:
DirtyDR, 1bmwmc and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
DirtyDR1bmwmcMGV8CCjonThane LewisBen Franklin

Lovely rig FM, glad that you had a great experience and ended up with a fantastic road goer!

Maybe I will get to see it in person later this month?  I will be visiting Chuck, in Eugene for a little project that will bring my Africa Twin up a notch or two in the food chain!

Love the "Honda" rebranding; have started doing the same with mine!  They are sure proud of those Rondels!

Cheers!

FlyinMonkeys
Cheers, Dane AKA "Ben Franklin" on Adventure Riders Forums Why not?

In reply to Ben Franklin....he and I did finally get together a few days ago, when he rode his new rig up from Arizona, and I rode my new rig down from Washington, and we met in Eugene, Oregon where Ben Franklin is having a new Leading Link built for his new Africa Twin rig. I even got to shuttle Ben Franklin around...to and fro...from the shop that is building his new Leading Link to the hotel we were both staying at, then back to the shop the next morning.

It was almost like...Driving Miss Daisy....almost !

Wife took a picture of our new rig this morning, on Thanksgiving Day, as she likes to use personal photos to order calendars.

Uploaded files:
DRONE, MGV8 and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
DRONEMGV8DynamickBen Franklin

FM, what is that edging you are putting around the windshields? Rain water deflector?

FlyinMonkeys

Definitely riding in style!

It was fun meeting Miles, Dan and Chuck.

The longer I work with Chuck (well at least spectate, while he works) the more I come to appreciate his craftsmanship and love of doing things right.

I will definitely have a wonderful Leading Link at the end of my visit.

Uploaded files:
CCjon and FlyinMonkeys have reacted to this post.
CCjonFlyinMonkeys
Cheers, Dane AKA "Ben Franklin" on Adventure Riders Forums Why not?
Quote from CCjon on November 24, 2022, 9:54 pm

FM, what is that edging you are putting around the windshields? Rain water deflector?

CCJon, that edging is the slightly newer version of the olde-school Saeng TA windshield trim. Intentionally engineered to be used for motorcycle windshields, and it creates a 4" buffer zone above the edging, to throw the air UP above the edge of the windshield. I cut the original Hannigan windshield down 1.5" so my wife can look OVER it, rather than through it, then added the Saeng TA trim to it, and it acts like the windshield is 4" taller.

edging-g4™

Same thing on my bike's windshield. Been using this product since the beginning of time, as we know it, so that is a Looooong time.

Even DRONE took note of this trim on my windshield, so he ordered some for himself...or his bike.

My bike's windshield has a natural flip towards the top, to throw the air UP, but that doesn't stop the rain from coming over the top edge, and hitting my helmet faceshield. But this Saeng TA trim does stop that rain from coming off the top of the windshield, and channels it along the edge, and away from the rider.

SwampFox, CCjon and Ben Franklin have reacted to this post.
SwampFoxCCjonBen Franklin

Thanks Miles for the link. I had  Saeng edging on a bike many years ago, thought it was great. Did not know they were still in business. 

FlyinMonkeys

Given the weather we have had in The Great Pacific NorthWET, I decided to put my rig inside my shop, and do a few things to it.

Time for a 30,000 miles service, which is nothing more than a complete oil & Filter change, including the DCT filter, and the Rear Diff Fluid.

Life is hard on us olde-timers, so making it easier with the rig 6' up in the air...no laying on cold concrete floors for this olde man.

Uploaded files:
MGV8, CCjon and Dynamick have reacted to this post.
MGV8CCjonDynamick
Page 1 of 2Next