Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

New Front tire

Mounted a new front tire today and decided to polish the wheel for a little "Bling". I mount my tires using zip ties to get it to slide over the rim and I use balance beads in both front and rear. I use 7 24" zip ties and space them around the tire.. cinch them tight as possible. Then I make a dish soap solution ( like DAWN) and spray the tire bead. Next, push the bead over the rim making sure you have the rotation direction correct . I mark mine with tape or chalk so as not to "screw it up". It takes some effort but it will slide on, use more SOAP. Also , if you have a LARGE friend to push it over the bead it helps. If you have too much trouble you can always use a tire spoon or large screwdriver to help get the bead over the rim. Next, add your balance beas by pouring them into the tire before you inflate it. I push down on the bead and dump the correct amount in. (2oz for rear, 1oz for front) You can skip this if you use lead weights or add balance beads thru the valve stem later, but that's a big pain ..Finally inflate the tire to seat the bead then re-install your tire.

Attached files

Wow, you really got that wheel shining. what did you use

USCA # 8913

AJ1200 - 9/27/2017 2:42 PM

Wow, you really got that wheel shining....

Yep, it's bright! I'll keep the zip-tie technique in mind the next time we need to mount a tubeless tire.

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

I'm fortunate to have a two speed Baldor dual shaft motor. I use it for jewelry work but sometimes for auto and bike parts. Brother is a prototype machinist and makes me items and 'lol usually polish them up before installing . Here' s his latest present to me. Just have to highlight the engraving with different paint. The grandkids call the sidecar car the "Jetsonmobile". The cover meets,or rather EXCEEDS Honda specs. I have a set on my Blackbird he made for me a few years ago.

Attached files

I take mine to Wheelworks. Mounting/balancing free with purchase of tire.