Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

New build

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Why don't you try buying a body from a builder like SWEET Sidecars in Greenville, SC or Melbourne, Fl.? I would think that would work for you as it did for me. Whichever is closest for you. I bought the body complete with upholstery. Contact Johnny or Eric for pricing.

Yes, that is an option. I hate being defeated and I am a good welder, it’s just the specialized equipment and jigs that I don’t have access to. I am seriously leaning in that direction. The frame and mounting assembly is no problem.

I can understand your thinking. I built the frame and all the attachments myself with help from an expert on how to assemble them so they didn't bend or break. I am 74 and I thought my time was better spent riding than building a body. I found an ad for Sweet sidecars in today's Craigslist. $3485 painted and installed. I'm quite sure he will sell you a body without the frameworks if thats what you want.
https://knoxville.craigslist.org/mcy/d/sweet-motorcycle-sidecars/6533839670.html

Busadave, Turning left with a right hand mount hack is always going to take more effort than turning right. Reducing the trail on your front end will greatly reduce the steering effort in both directions.

PreviousPage 2 of 2