USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

new and improved top

Some of you may remember my post from a couple years ago when I made a custom top for my Hannigan Astro Sport out of a Chevy S-10 hood scoop. While the boss monkey prefers the top up to escape the sun, there are times the three vents and blower fan are not enough, and there are some nice evening rides. The top has removable windows but the top itself was not designed to be easy to remove. I bought another scoop this winter and added a snap off sunroof. I just installed it and it seems to do the trick. I had a 1/2" lip molded around the hole and installed pinch welt with round weatherstrip on the lip for the fabric to seal against. Just took a ride in the rain and no leaks! As you may remember the original idea was just to give the passenger more room inside the chair which the first top and new windshield accomplished. When I get my marching orders from boss monkey I jump!
Bill 😉

Attached files

WOW, that is impressive. very creative

97 1500 SE Motorvation II sidecar USCA # 8913 Double Dark Side # 1522 Goodyear Fuel max 175/60 R16 PILOT ACTIV 130/70 18

Looks good Bill, I am sure Deb will love it.

Thanks for the replys. We took a ride today with Roanoke Rider and got a thumbs up from boss monkey on the improvements.......I get to sleep inside another night!

GREAT OUTTING TODAY WITH ROANOKE RIDER! 🙂

Attached files