Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

My son's first ride...

He LOVES it!! Wants to take it every where now LOL. And loves to show it off to people. Shows them how he can open the sidecar and hop in by himself...and how the intercom works so he can talk to Daddy while we ride...and tell me all sorts of knock-knock jokes LOL We burned a half a tank of gas thru it saturday putting around. I still need to change out the timing belts, but overall it is running pretty good. Handles Great! Tracks straight down the highway, and the wobbles are nearly non-existant with the new tires and suspension. Going to change the fuel filter and plugs and re-sync the carbs this week. Just for good measure

Smile says it all!

he sure looks like a happy guy

Most of the time he is LOL. Unless you tell him no. 😀

Great pictures of a time he will never forget!

My son is 30 and still talks about when he would sleep on the floor of our old HitchHiker. These are memories in the making.

SidecarMike - 4/5/2011 12:59 AM My son is 30 and still talks about when he would sleep on the floor of our old HitchHiker. These are memories in the making.

Very true Mike, my daughter now 21 does still talk about it but isn't to quick to jump in like the good ol days. Bob keep a camera with you when you go places for those kodak moments if you havent yet, wait till you take him to school your gonna really draw a bunch of kids....and teachers

Looks like you're off to a good start for lots of good times. Tell him to watch his fingers when he closes the lid; no need to ask me how I learned that. 😮

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

A riding buddy of mine was giving me crap about riding an old guy bike with old guy helmets (lol) and I told him there is no cooler feeling than looking over and seeing your son riding next to you...regardless of bike or helmets. 🙂 The intercoms are nice to have too. I've got a few other bikes, but I am guessing they will be collecting dust most the summer. There ain't no way Tanner will let me sneak away with out him! LOL. It will be a few more years till he can ride with me on my VTX

enjoy it,..my daughter was 4 when she started,..she's 9 now and frequently falls asleep or watches her DVD on long rides,..she's more comfortable there then in mom's car,..great pics there, cheers crawf.

Looks like a great start, he will remember those rides forever. My 40 year old son still talks about the rides we took when he was young.

I ran home after work and picked up the rig to surprise him at his daycare. The smiles are worth every penny. Going to be my most memorable summer ever!

Kids love sidecars! I haven't been allowed to take my soon to be three year old granddaughter for a ride, yet. But last year my husband had my rig at our son's house doing some work on it for a couple of days, and took her for little rides down their rather long driveway. It wasn't long before it became Meme's motorcycle, but Megan's sidecar. My daughter-in-law took a video of one of their rides which shows Megan sitting in the sidecar likes she owns the world.

Whatcha been doin' Connie? Haven't heard from you for a while.

Lonnie

Hi Lonnie!

Well, since my granddaughter (now, granddaughters) was born, I've spent a great deal of my time babysitting. But, I haven't given up riding, yet!!!! I took my rig for the first ride of the year Thursday. Not a terribly long ride, but it was fun. My husband and I joined another couple that we've been riding with for years at a nearby elementary school to show some of the kids our bikes. They really got a kick out of talking on my CB into the outside speakers on my hubby's 1800 Goldwing.

With the price of gas, I don't expect to be taking my rig on any long trips this year. But I'm still working on improving my two-wheel skills (haven't had much time for that in the last couple of years). My little V-Star gets a lot better gas mileage than my rig.

Don't worry, even if I don't do any posting, I still drop by every now & then to check up on y'all!

Connie

That's very cool...what a happy little guy!

my record were 6 kids between 3 and 7 in my first MZ-rig (one on the tank 1 in tha back and 4 in the sidecar. In deed they were still years later talking about it.
A yaer ago on my birthday a neffew was on charge of that Jawa_carrussel... In spite of al lot of rain only smiles specially the neffew...
The gardener needed 3 days to fill up all the tracks.
On On and enjoy. Specially that age of your kid is great!!!!
Sven who did not grow up in these 47 years....