Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

MY NEW RIG PUT TOGETHER

Her's a picture (ihope it posted) of my rig, 2008 Road King with a 2000 TLE hack. BIke is dark blue pearl, car luxury blue but they are very close. Have driven it twice, handles pretty well, but has a slight pull to the right. I'm going to fine tune it, lean the bike out a bit and it should be good to go. Just wish we had some warmer temps !

Attached files

The rig looks very nice. When you get a chance, if you don't mind, please post a close up picture of how the headlight is attached to the sidecar. Thanks, Dave

Absolutely gorgeous set up. Lots of smiles & miles to come, I'm sure.

Thanks Piano Man. I'll get a photo of the headlight for you this wknd Dave.
Cheers

Dave T, here are a couple of pics of the headlight arrangement on my TLE. The bracket is a pc of flat stock that picks up two of the tub front mounting bolts, comes out straight and takes a bend fwd. I would guess it is a Harley part but would be simple to duplicate, as I doubt they're still available. then a tractor sealed-beam fixture and you're in business. I tapped into the sidecar harness and used the running light wires to power it up. previous bike had a sep. plug for it.

Attached files

second pic

Attached files

Thanks for the pictures, that looks like a good way to mount the light. I have seen another set up with a U-bracket mounted to the end of the spring, similar to the turn signal mount at the rear. I have to get busy and put something together. Thanks again, Dave

nice looking rig,...well done,...crawf.