Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

My friends place

In another thread some wanted to see some pictures of my friends place so here they are. This is just one of his buildings but is the biggest one. He has MANY Aermacchi NOS parts and two other buildings. He has been collecting for over 35 years when these Harley Aermacchi was a dime a dozen. He will be retiring in April and we are going to build and sell Aermacchi and many other Harley motorcycles shovel head and earlier. I will be building all the cranks for the sprints, hummers, toppers and the bigger bikes as well as all the machine work.

Many of his personal collection have never been started or proto type and some one of a kind.

photo JerryF_zpsd0c59944.jpg

photo JerryJ_zps14563b7d.jpg

photo JerryM_zps7e7d7bf4.jpg

photo JerryL_zps635280b9.jpg

photo JerryP_zps2b51637a.jpg

photo JerryB_zps1edbfd68.jpg

photo JerryS_zps008f7820.jpg

photo JerryO_zpsd5d9b24c.jpg

Whow. The one with the most toys wins.
I am far back.
Sven

Here is his serva car I am all so working on.

photo 0217131420_zps5c239d14.jpg

Better look out. With all the bikes and signs The Pickers" program will be headed your way!!! Beautiful set up! Always wanted a Servi-Car back in the day. Thanks for sharing.

That is frigging outstanding. When you start to build and sell Aermacchi I want one. diverdown , way over on the west coast of canada

Fantastic! Have to appreciate the time and effort it takes to amass such a collection. Good luck with the servicar!

He has put decades in this and everything he has is on a computer and all paper work is keep for every vehicle. As I was saying he has one big room in anther building that is mostly NOS parts. Everything including but not limited to NOS frames, front ends and MUCH more. Here are some toppers I am working on for him and one day one of them will be mine. Just hope I can one day find a factory sidecar for mine. LOL If you look throw the selves with topper parts you can see some of his NOS part.

For those that might not know what a topper is it was made by Harley from 1960 to 1965 in the USA.
Thanks
Jeff

photo DSC01573_zps438cb93d.jpg

photo DSC01570_zpsfc29bb98.jpg

photo DSC01568_zps7278bd0d.jpg

photo DSCF7998_zps7cbf8ab4.jpg

I hope one day this is what my topper will look like. This has a factory sidecar.
 photo 1963-harley-davidson-topper-3_zpsa31837a3.jpg

Now that will be a rare and beautiful rig when you get yours done!!

Wolfhound - 1/24/2014 11:51 AM

Now that will be a rare and beautiful rig when you get yours done!!

Wolfhound I see you are all so in Georgia. Do you know about the Georgia Sidecar Club?

My plains are to build or get a 1973 or 1974 sprint last two year it was made and the only ones with sub frames and make it into a rig.

In my 44 years of none stop riding and working on motorcycles I have restored, built or worked on a many old motorcycle. Here is one that use to be mine I build starting with two wheel hubs and a gasket kit. It was my daily rider for 3 years.

Outlaw Biker March 1993 photo OutLawBikerMarch1993.jpg

Here is my BSA I did and also a daily rider. All my bikes have been daily riders. I all so have a 1971 Triumph T100c that I am working on but do to my situation is taking much longer to get down then I would like.
1971 BSA 650 Thunderbolt photo My1971BSA650Thunderbolt.jpg

46u I gave heard of the club but I am not much of a joiner, too much on my plate. My main interest in in scooters, easier for my to ride with my bum knees. Love that old Harley and the BSA as well.

We do not care what you ride or even if you ride. You do not have to join to come to our events other the the Christmas party. We are family orientated and just old folks that love to ride.

I know all about bad knees, backs and arms. That is why I ride this now. LOL

Attached files

I will keep that in mind. Good looking rig!!!

Wolfhound - 1/24/2014 10:09 PM

I will keep that in mind. Good looking rig!!!

It is my only transportation. Thanks Jeff

That Harley that you used to ride is what I think a motorcycle should look like!! I am not impressed with the designs of a
lot of the new age bikes, but then that is just me. I like the BSA style as well.

Wolfhound - 1/25/2014 8:17 AM

That Harley that you used to ride is what I think a motorcycle should look like!! I am not impressed with the designs of a
lot of the new age bikes, but then that is just me. I like the BSA style as well.

I agree I some what miss my 74 flat head to a degree but with it being a ridged frame and only 2 1/2 inch travel in the front end they do not ride as well as the new ones. Even thaw I have road when I was younger it on 2000 mile round trips I could not have cover all the states and provinces I have on my 02 Harley. I sold it and the BSA and other bikes to buy my 02. I have only put about 8,000 on my rig in the pass year since putting on my hack. I wish I could have keep all the bikes I sold when I bought my 02 but was not possible. These are the states and provinces I have road to and back on my 02.

When I was around 10 years young there use to be a guy a few streets over that had a new BSA then and he had the USA with all the states painted on the tank. Every time he road in a state he would have that state painted in. Since that time long ago my goal has been to catch all the states excluding Hawaiian unless they build a bridge LOL to catch them all. I have 5 more south west to fulfill this dream. If it where not for my situation I would have them all now. I would not of been able to do this on my old flat head with the time I had allotted. But I have many good memories on the flat head.

Even thaw I mostly ride Harley s in the past 42 years I like and enjoy all motorcycles of all types.
Thanks
Jeff

photo ALAKCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNYNCNDOHORPARISCSDTNUTVTVAWAWVWIWYlg.jpg

photo ABBCONSKYTmed.jpg

Even thaw my 74 flat head was a daily rider it was in 14 shows won 22 awards been in 4 magazines and one newspaper. But what I liked best was riding it and hearing all the tales from older guys when I would stop somewhere.
Jeff

photo 59Cushman46uandtrophoiesC.jpg

Here is a picture of a 1934 VL I helped a friend build.
Harley Davidson 1935 VLD photo Muriels1935VLD.jpg

This is one I build for a customer many years ago even thaw in the magazine he said with my help I built it he did take it apart. His father bought the bike new.

photo 04-14-2011-17-45-33-718.jpg

Here is my 45 flat head I built when I was still young. LOL

Me and my 1942 WL photo Meandmy1942WL.jpg

No need to sell anything, open the doors, charge $5.00 per head and watch the money flock to the registers! May have to scoot a few of them around a bit for a path through the middle

Bob is right, would make a great motorcycle museum!! I would pay for the tour and I know a lot more who would too. Jeff, I see that you had a Cushman Eagle that won a couple of prizes too.
When I was a kid I had a Velo Solex and a Whizzer. I yearned for a Cushman Eagle but other things came first.