Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Multi-State Informal Natchez Trace Ride/Rally thoughts

Posted this in the riders wanted section in response to Mr. Mike's post for Mississippi riders: MS Get Together. Just a thought.....It could happen....lots of hard work I am sure goes into rally planning so maybe the first time could be a loose collection of sidecar owners starting and traveling in different directions and meeting in the middle. Original post was this:
###########################

How about a rolling rally up the Natches Trace Parkway. A two state rally coordinated with Tennessee. BBQs at both ends. Tennessee riders start in Nashville and head south as your riders head north. Could have a midpoint get together with both groups staying for the night in the same spot. There are a couple Ural riders I have talked with about riding the trace maybe this summer. Could be fun.

###########################

Anyone in Tennessee up for this? Other States???? I have never ridden the Trace but it sounds ideal for a group of sidecarists not in a hurry. My understanding is you can wear yourself out with all of the historical places to stop along the route so we definitely would not want to be in a hurry. Does anyone have experience with this thing that can offer ideas or thoughts? The BBQ bit at both ends I guess would perhaps take a large successfully run rally but there are always restaurants....

Just a thought to determine interest for something like this.

Miles
2014 Ural Patrol

Great idea ! I'll meet up in Tenessee. Keep us posted.

That would be awesome. Any other Tennessee or Alabama riders interested?

Kilometers

As I said on the other thread I am all for this. Think it would be an awesome experience. Have you figured out where the halfway point is yet? I'm sure we could find BBQ joints at each end to accommodate us. Doesn't have to be anything formal. Now I have to get back to work on that flier for the other event.

Thanks,
Mike in MS

I can't make it leisurely to the National Rally and back in my Ural (with my soon to be wife) so we are going to take our time and do the Natchez Trace the weekend of July 4th and take our time between the 2-10 July timeframe while we are both off from work. Hope that would work for others. Just thinking out loud we would likely travel to Natxhez, MS and ride north....