Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

MS Rally/Show 2017

EARLY WARNING!

Looks like we may have a second ever MS sidecar rally. Shooting for first Saturday in April 2017. Just happens to be April 1st. Who's day is that?

Mike in MS

:O

Going to do it again huh. A glutton for punishment. Just kidding, be glad to help in anyway I can.

This is a re-transmission of a post from the in-service page. Please help spread the word to any and all who might be interested in such things.

The 2nd MS sidecar rally will be held on the first Saturday of April 2017. That just happens to fall on April 1st!!! If this thing works out again, we hope to have the event every year on the first Saturday of April.

For 2017, the rally will be held at The Busted Wrench Garage. That is a classic car museum in Gulfport, MS. It is located one block east of US Hwy 49 on 29th Street.

Here is a link to their web site: http://bustedwrench.com/site/museum/

The owners have graciously agreed to co-sponsor the event. They have sufficient space to set up a "Road Kill Roundup" and we hope to have a poker run to five or more motorcycle shops in the Biloxi/Gulfport area. If all goes well, we will have food venders on site and possibly a free live band. Of course admission will be free to all spectators as it was last year. The Boy Scouts will be present selling food and drinks. We hope to have: a tamale wagon, a gourmet pop cycle cart, a French crepe maker and more. Since we had some problems with the raffle/auction last year, we are going to try to set up a silent auction with items donated by various motorcycle dealers in the area.

In an effort to draw a bigger crowd and get more participation, we plan to open the event to two wheel riders and operators of other three wheel machines. They will pay the same entry fee as sidecar pilots and can participate in all events except "Best Sidecar Rig" competition. This year we plan to provide T-shirts to all participants who pre-register. T-shirts will also be available on site for purchase but size, etc. will not be guaranteed and sales will be limited to stock on hand.

I should be meeting with the reps from Busted Wrench this weekend and will post more info. Hope this is enough to keep you all interested.

By the way, this is a privately owned museum that also does restoration work on classic vehicles. They also have a good number of classic motorcycles and as of the last count, one sidecar.....

Please stay tuned.

Mike in MS

P.S. Life really is an adventure. Come on down and join us.

Had a follow up meeting with Stacie from the Busted Wrench on Friday. Things are really shaping up. For sure, we will have several food venders and plenty of fun. Live music is not locked in but looks positive. We are opening up the event to any and all motorcycles, trikes, Can Ams, Slingshots or whatever with less than four wheels. Only restriction is to be best "rig" you have to have a sidecar. Dah. Awards will be given for: best of show 1/2/3; best looking monkey 1; road kill round up 1/2/3; best hand on poker run 1; possibly more. Awards for kids will be given for best coloring picture; possibly more. Broken down my ages: under ten and ten plus.

It's getting late and Mama wants some help! More later.

Mike in MS

Hello All

Sorry I have been out of the net for awhile. The 2017 rally is starting to take shape. It will be held on the first Saturday of April. The location will be the Busted Wrench Garage on 29th street in Gulfport, MS. Action starts at 9:00 AM and the awards ceremony will be at 4:00 PM. Same as last year, all proceeds go to the Joppa Shrine to support Shriners Hospitals for Children.

Schedule looks like this:

09:00 Doors open and line up of rigs
10:00 - 11:00 Chill out and bid on silent auction items / Rigs are judged / Food available on site
11:00 - 2:00 Poker Run with five to seven stops depending on who volunteers
2:00 - 3:30 Road Kill Round Up
3:30 - 4:00 Chill out, eat and bid on silent auction items
4:00 Closing Ceremony

Awards to be given for
Best of Show - This has to be a sidecar rig. Awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
Best Monkey - Only one best monkey award
Road Kill – Fastest times. Awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
Poker Run – Best hand drawn. Awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
Children’s Competition
Best coloring work. Awards for 1st and 2nd place under 10 years old
Award for 1st and 2nd place 10 years old and over

All who pre-register will be given a t-shirt
Others can purchase a shirt on site

Admission
Admission to all events is free to the general public
Participation in events requires registration
Registration fee is $20 for USCA members and $25 for non-members
Same fee for all participants regardless of how many events they take part in

All competition except best of show rig is open to
Sidecar rigs
Trikes
Can Ams
Slingshots
Two wheelers

This ought to be interesting.....

Now I need some help. Pat and Andy are you out there? Butch will you be able to make it again this year?

Anyone else who would like to (or be willing to) get involved please contact me here or directly at

Mike Bodisch

bodischm@bellsouth.net or

P. O. Box 9
Richton, MS 39476 or

601-788-7409

Mike in MS

All Concerned

Due to some difficulties with scheduling and sponsor fallout, the 2017 rally is being rescheduled for a weekend in June. The exact date has not been determined but will be announced as soon as we can get our act together. Thanks all for your patience.

Mike in MS

P.S.
This ain't easy.

:o:-(

Are my four minutes up yet?????

It is a go!

The second annual MS Sidecar Rally will take place on Saturday, June 3rd.
It will be held at the Busted Wrench Garage in downtown Gulfport, MS.
All info published previously is still good. Only change was the date.
Hope to have more info to you soon.

Mike in MS

Making progress with the event.

Have started collecting donations for the silent auction which will be the major fund raiser for the event.
Have locked in four sites for the poker run and have a few more lined up.
Walked the site for the event and outlined specific areas. Looking good.

Really think this will be better than last year's rally. Hope to see many of you there.
Come on down and support USCA and the Shriners Hospitals for Children.

Mike in MS

😉

DON'T GIVE UP YET.

The 2017 rally/show is still alive and moving ahead. Rather slowly though. This time around, we hope to do much better than last year with a silent auction rather than a raffle. Have some nice things donated that should be popular. Don't want to give out too many details on that so we can build a little anticipation. We have also managed to arrange for several food venders to be on site throughout the day so people won't wander off looking for something to eat. Have been pushing it in the local area motorcycle shops and hope that some of you have also put the word out in your areas.

Now comes the hard part. I need help. Set up on the day of the rally (and the day before) and break down afterwards is going to be an issue. So far it's Stacie (from the Busted Wrench) and me. Baby girl is going to be out of state on a summer job and mama is fed up and ready to mutiny. Looks like Stacie is going to be a busy young lady. Got all the tables and chairs I need on standby but they are 30 plus miles from the site. My one pick up is going to get a work out. Just put new tires on my utility trailer so I might pull it off. I'd also like to have my three rigs there. I figure if I get three sidecars in one place at the same time it is automatically a "show". Can drag two on my car hauler but which one do I leave out? Might have to do it in shifts and leave the bikes somewhere. That makes me nervous.

Anyone with some good ideas and/or anyone who is easy enough to volunteer give me a shout. Hey, it's all for a good cause. Let's help those kids at the Shriners Hospitals.

Mike in MS

601-788-7409 or

bodischm@bellsouth.net or

P. O. Box 9
Richton, MS 39476

The 2017 rally is a go. We have confirmed all stations on the poker run. Have three confirmed food venders who will be on site. Possibly more. We are to have music provided by the local FM "Crusin" station. Expect to have fun in a relaxed, family friendly environment.

Last year we had 14 sidecar rigs show up and 12 actually enter the competition. This year we expect to have a lot more since all competition except "Best of Show" is open to all three and two wheel rigs. Come on down and join the festivities. And remember, all proceed go to a great charity; The Shriners Hospitals for Children.

See you there.
Mike in MS

I plan on being there coming from Greeneville, TN
Lynn and Linda Rozar

L & L

Thanks for the notice. Will be looking for you. Glad to hear the word is getting out somewhere. 🙂
Now have two rigs confirmed coming from TN. See you soon! 😉

Mike in MS

Placing the order for the T shirts tomorrow. All who enter will receive a free T and others will be available for sale at the rally. Shirts will be medium blue with white printing. Large lighthouse and sidecar on back and small USCA logo on front. Should look pretty good. Still looking for help with set up, etc. Come on down a little early if you can.

Mike in MS

Mike...
Things have been hectic around here....owner sold the clinic.nowlooking for job.....getting the house ready
For sale....on and on..
Will be there....hopefully this orfridayto help....need to find a place to park the event.
Will let you know next week when I have things nailed down

Pat and Brenda
/

BAD NEWS

After reviewing the weather predictions and close coordination with the owners of the Busted Wrench (Classic Car Museum) the decision has been made to postponed the rally for one week. We are looking at a 63% chance of heavy rain and some of the venders are notifying us they cannot set up in that situation. May sound like a cop out, but without support I cannot make it happen. We are rescheduling for June 10 at the same times. Now the hard part. Getting the word to everyone. Please hang in there. I will do my best to keep everyone posted.

Mike in MS

Made changes in schedule. I am still coming, Wife could not make things happen though.
Lynn Rozar

On my way

See you there

Mike,
How did the Mississippi rally go? Sorry I didn't make it, but I lost my job the week before and have just been to busy looking for a position and fixing things around the hose
for putting it on the market.
Hope the rally went well and all is well with you and your family.

Pat

Pat

Might be a good thing you did not make it. The rally was a bust. We had six entries, half what we had last year. Lost a bunch of money but there were some positive things. I wrote an article for Sidecarist about "How Do You Measure Success." You'll get to read all about it later.

Sorry to hear about the situation with your work. Hope you can get it all straightened out soon. We are doing pretty good overall. Getting ready to haul two of the rigs up to Ohio to do a little cruising with an old Army buddy. If you need to take a break from things, come on over and we will put you all up for awhile.

Mike