Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

MS Get-Together

Page 1 of 2Next

Hello All

I have been the state rep for MS for awhile and seem to be making very slow progress in spreading the word. I would like to put together an informal meet and would like to hear from any of you in the Magnolia State with ideas on when, where, how, etc. Any and all sidecar drivers and anyone else with an interest is welcome to join in. Please contact me if interested.

Mike Bodisch
MS State Rep
P. O. Box 9
Richton, MS 39476

Phone 601-788-7409
E-Mail bodischm@bellsouth.net

How about a rolling rally up the Natches Trace Parkway. A two state rally coordinated with Tennessee. BBQs at both ends. Tennessee riders start in Nashville and head south as your riders head north. Could have a midpoint get together with both groups staying for the night in the same spot. There are a couple Ural riders I have talked about riding the trace maybe this summer. Could be fun.

sounds like a great ride. I am down in Louisiana outside of baton rouge. I have ridden the trace a few times and found it to be just right for the easy going sidecar ride. I have 4 cabins on my place that I would like to invite sidecar riders to use if they are in the area. I am between baton rouge and Hammond with lots of good roads in the area to ride. no charge for sidecar guest.

Something along the lines of the old Butterfly rallies. Maybe Tom Hanson can come up with ideas.
J.R.
Sec.
Tex. rep

All Who Replied:

This sounds like a great idea. I would like to do it personally.

Right now, I am trying to organize the First Ever USCA Mississippi Sidecar rally. I am shooting for April 02, if I can get it together by then. Don't think I can handle coordinating two events at once. This is new to me and I don't know what to expect with the MS rally.

However, please let's keep this Natchez Trace idea alive.

Thanks,
Mike in MS

I am in northern Alabama about two hours by Ural to the Tennessee end point near Nashville but would love to do a ride like this with other sidecar owners. I love my two wheel friends but am always going alone on sidecar trips. Go figure lol, at least I have room for the camping great.

I am about 170 miles (east) from the southern end of the Trace at Natchez. Have driven sections of it but never the entire route. All in one trip would be a great experience. Can you all wait until after early April?

Yep, after the end of the school year would work better for me as there is a certain 12 year old that would want to go wth me. Also, I figure getting back home on a Ural from Natchez, MS is a trip in itself. I need to send the Ural guys a note about your 2 April plans as they are both down your way. One of them just bought a new Ural, the other is helping him learn. They both might join you.

Posted a notice on Soviet Steeds rally link.

http://www.sovietsteeds.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=42875

Hope it helps generate interests. Also posted a separate note to the guy who just bought a Ural.

Hi Guys:
Someone on this thread has suggested some sort of prize - that being a membership to USCA. I would be glad to provide that prize but I need to know who to send it to. Would this be a drawing or poker run or what would be nature of the reason for the prize/

Will, I did it. Just firmed up the date today. We will have a USCA event in Biloxi, MS on April 2, 2016. Got some good stuff working. Back home tomorrow evening. Will give more detail. Typing on this phone is a pain.

I wish I could make the ride over for that, haven't seen rallies in Alabama yet. I have to be in Ohio for my niece's confirmation Aoril 1st and I just don't think my Ural can make that run to Mississippi that fast lol

Great idea ! I'll meet up in Tenessee. Keep us posted.

Cool......it would be great to get a small group of sidecarists to head south while Mike gets a group to head north. From what I have read....the Natchez Trace Parkway is great for sidecars....more rolling hills and some twisties in the Tennessee section and more flat in the south....

Hi Mike:
I have come up with a gift certificate. I will send it to you as soon as I do some refining. I will send it to you at the address you provided in the first post of this tread.

Will normaly the President prints and signs those. Then mails them. That help Steve.

Thanks for the update on the gift certificate. I have it printed but haven't sent it yet.

First -

The MS event/rally/show is shaping up to be a good one (I think). Kilometera - as far as I know, this is the first USCA event in MS. One sidecarist in MS regrets it being only a one day event. Hey guys, this is my first ever try at organizing something like this and I'm afraid I'll only have a handful of people show up. Except for the help being offered by the good folks at MS Coast Harley, this is a one man show. Might be best if I copied what I said on the in service thread here:

""Saturday I met with the operators of Mississippi Coast Harley Davidson. (coastharley.com)

They were very helpful and agreed to let us hold our event at their location. They regularly put on shows and special events. The owner's brother is a computer tech and is willing to help with getting the word out. They have put us on their calendar and added a link to sidecar.com on their web page. Hope this is okay with you all.

The event will take place on Saturday, April 2 starting at 9:00 AM and ending at 5:00 PM. Proposed events include:

Doughnut eating contest in the morning. He/she who consumes the most in a set period of time will receive the "Big O" award. Hope to have Krispie Kream donate doughnuts. Trophy provided.

People's choice award for best rig at show. All attendees get to vote. Trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Hope to do a "road kill round up". They have the space, cones, etc. but have to check with their insurance company. Trophy provided.

People's choice for best looking monkey. Trophy provided.

Numerous raffles. Will sell tickets for each. Already have two dealers who are donating prizes. Some good stuff, like helmets, etc.
Will do my best to contact every motorcycle dealer in the southern part of the state.
Proceeds from raffles go to support the Shriners' Children's Hospital. Hope to have Joppa Motor Corps (Shriner motorcycle group) on site. I am a member.

Had hoped to do a poker run but don't think there will be sufficient time in one day with the other events. They like to do "Slowest ride" but that doesn't mean much with sidecars (?). Am looking for ideas for other possible events. Please give me some input.

I will contact every sidecar driver I know in the state with personal invite. There are only nine I know of. Admission will be free but to be in competition the sidecar team will pay $10 entry fee. (I have to pay for the trophies somehow.)

The Harley folks will have their regular food venders on site and there will be music provided throughout. I would like to do more but have no idea what to expect for a turnout. Considered T-shirts but I don't want to get stuck with a case of them. Wife ain't too happy about some of this.

Have invited Mobile Bay Vintage Motorcycle Club (mbvmc.org) to attend and advertise. I'm a member there also.

Will keep you all posted as things develop. Can you put this out through our website? ""

People are asking for a flyer and I have to get one designed and published PDQ. So I might keep this short for now. But please keep the ideas coming.

Second

The Natchez Trace Rolling Rally sounds like a great idea to me and I want to get involved. But right now I'm up to my arse in alligators doing the April 2nd event. I would like to start a separate thread for the Trace rally. I'm getting confused with the two events crossing over each other here. Also have a fourteen year old at home who is active in two sports. She is keeping me running also.

To help keep my simple mind from breaking down, please go to the new thread I am about to start to discussed the Natchez Trace.

Thanks to all for joining in here. Please keep the ideas coming. We can make this a good thing.

Mike in MS

Mike, sounds like a great time in store for Mississippi. I will post your additional info on the Soviet Steeds website.. I also posted this on Classic Motorworks website sidecar link for anyone with Royal Enfield sidecars......

Confused !!! Me too. lol Mike you have the hard part done. You picked a time and place the rest will fall into place.

Page 1 of 2Next