Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Mr. Sidecar and the Museum

Great News. Back in August Doug Bingham, Mr. Sidecar and member of the AMA Hall of Fame sent the Museum
several boxes. They contained about 500 sidecar toys and other sidecar things. I have known about it since they arrived.
They asked me not to post anything until they could go thru and cataloge it. It's done and they turned me loose.
It will be on display sometime next year. They said don't mention and dates. I told them that was OK. Mrs. Fly doesn't

let me date. When Paula told me they had just received these boxes of sidecar stuff from someone in California I told her
that if it was from Doug they had discovered the Lost Dutchman Mine. This was very generous of Doug and he should be
commended.
the plan now is when we know some dates to plan something like a butterfly rally or a shamrock tour,Sidecarist Nov-Dec 2013
take in the Museum ,the Motorcycle Memorial wall and other points. make it 3-4 days. much will depend on Mrs. Fly' health.
I will probably be looking for some help. Always looking for ideas and suggestions.
fly

A read an article about it in the American Motorcyclist magazine. Article said they hope to have Doug's collection on display this Spring!

Finally made it to the Museum Wednesday. Doug has great collection of sidecar toys.
The Museum did a very nice job of displaying it. They also had a 58 Harley sidecar rig
that you could side on or in and have your picture taken. The AMA does a great job.
I had a nice visit with Paula who help us with the plaque for Hal. Certainly worth the
trip.

fly

Thanks for an idea. I have what I thought was a large collection of sidecar memorabilia. When we returned home after running the Monumental Rally in June we had to take down everything in our flooded basement. That included my collection of sidecar toys. We have the Sturgis Motorcycle museum nearby. I am going to call them and see if they would like the collection (On loan). At least other folks would get to see it.