Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Mounting Issue: Velorex 562 to a Honda Shadow ACE Tourer

I'm in the process of mounting a Velorex 562E to a 1998 Honda Shadow Ace Tourer. Is there anyone out there who has mounted these two models together? I have a question about how the front-lower strut was mounted. It seems like the U-Clamp cannot be attached without removing the exhaust and rear brake pedal? The open side of the U-Clam needs to be facing down and there are too many obstructions to accomplish this when attempting to attach the U-Clamp from underneath the bike(can't swivel the U-Clamp to the correct position). However, if I had a little more space in between the the exhaust and the brake pedal, I could simply place the U-Clamp right over the lower frame piece. I did remove some of the bolts to the exhaust, but it didn't seem to want to come off too easy. Any suggestions?
Thank you,
Dave

Dave,
I sent you pix last night.
On some installations the exhaust or other appurtenances need to be loosened up or removed to get enough frame clearance for clamp access.

Lonnie

Lonnie,
Thanks again for all of your help. What I ended up doing is disconnecting the brake light line. It gave me enough space to drop the U-Clamp down over the lower portion of the frame. I need to have the final welding done on the upper front strut then I'm good to go! Can't believe I'm almost there. I'll be sure to post some pictures once its installed. Thanks again Lonnie.
Dave