Clear all

Mounting a DMC kit to GL1200A?

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@edward-jones)
Topic starter

Hello, 

It's been a long slow haul to sidecar fun. I just received the DMC Honda GL1200 Mount Assembly.

Can someone please post or send some pictures of this kit installed. I'm sure I can puzzle it out but a few photos would be an immense help and time saver.  

Thanks 

Posted : June 29, 2021 7:10 am
(@jaydmc)

See attachment.

Jay G
DMC sidecars

Posted : June 29, 2021 8:51 am
(@edward-jones)
Topic starter

Hello Jay, 

That pic helps somewhat. But do you have closeup of the upper and lower rear mounts installed without the plastic side panels installed. Page 3 of the manual is missing a picture or drawing of the lower and the drawing on page 4 only give a horizontal reference to the bike for the upper rear. 

Thanks

Edward 

Posted : June 30, 2021 3:38 am
(@jaydmc)

Sorry we do not, we have not had one of these bikes in the shop in years, years ago before we could store photo's on the cloud we had a flood that took out our hard drive and the second hard drive backing up photo's. As such we lost most everything.

Jay G
DMC sidecars

Posted : June 30, 2021 4:29 am
(@edward-jones)
Topic starter

Hello Jay,

A few clarifications please. You will see in the pic how I've temporarily assembled the rear upper/lower hardware. Does this look correct? Also I see I'll need to tap the swing arm pivot. 

Next the supplied socket bolt is a 10mm-1.50 while the stock rear passenger floorboard is an 8mm-1.25. It is shown on in the manual as a 10mm, so it wasn't a packing issue. My bike is a 1987 GL1200 and I can certainly see an earlier version having the 10mm vs 8mm. Would it be better to local source a longer 8mm or drill out and tap for 10mm? 

Finally the there was a long 1/2-20x1.5" hex bolt supplied to the top frame mount to middle link as seen in the pic. But the manual shows a 1/2-20x1/2"  

Thank you

Edward 

Posted : June 30, 2021 6:45 am