Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Motorvation Spyder

Hi. I am currently in the process of doing my homework regarding the purchase of my first sidecar and am considering the Spyder from Motorvation as, at only 190 lbs., it would seem to be a good match for my Yamaha V-Star Classic 650.

Has anyone out there had any experience with this company and perhaps, specifically the Spyder sidecar as to quality of product, ease of installation, follow-up service, etc.

Any input would be most appreciated.

The Spyder is a well made classy unit that performs quite well. The company offers good after sale support if any problems arise. There is a little assembly required after delivery so the installer shouldn't be a stranger to a wrench. Two holes wil be needed in the body to mount the upper struts but templates or instructions are provided by Motorvation. Go for it!

Lonnie Cook
Northwest Sidecar
nwsidecar@aol.com

Thanks much for your timely response. Your input tends to confirm an overall confidence in Motorvation gained through a very recent telephone conversation with the owner. Thanks again, I think I may very well," GO FOR IT "

Having just installed a Spyder on my Harley Ultra a couple of things have come front and center. #1 The Spyder is a "Medium" in overall interior size. A person over 6 feet or 250lbs is going to be a bit cramped. A friend at 6'2" 270lbs took a ride and enjoyed it but I don't think he could have endured more than thirty miles. For kids and medium size passengers it is double nifty. #2 When and if you get one notice that the slide tubes that mount the hack might be too long to get the hack in close enough to the bike. Do Not try and pound them past the cut in the pinch tube to get your dimensions. They will bind up and you will have a devil of a time getting them out. You will probably have to cut the slide tube. I cut 5inches off to get the hack in close. This will make sense when you see the slide tube/pinch tube layout.
So far I am having a ball with my rig.
Sam Jones