Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Motorvation - Sibley, IA

I am planning on hacking my GL 1800 and am very impressed with the Motorvation Formula II. As I have relatives in Iowa I'm planning on having the car installed by them. Any thoughts or comments as to their work would be greatly appreciated. Originally, as I'm in Portland, OR I had thought about having Dauntless do the install but after all the negative comments I'm not sure I want to use them.

Thanks in advance for your helpful comments.

Karl

Motorvation is an excellent company with great folks running the show who have been at it for a long time. They are very well known for great customer service and caring about their customers long after the sale is made. You will not go wrong with them.
I woudl also not totally form an opinion on Dauntless just from what gets posted on the net. They have many more satisfied customers than otherwise.

I've toured the Motorvation facility, they make VERy high quality rigs, and their mounting hardware is excellent. I don't always agree with their settings, but thats easy enough to change. The quality of their product and services shines.

Karl, we have two rigs, one bulit by Dauntless (Suzuki V Strom) and the other by Hannigan (Goldwing-GTL). We have been very plesed with both, and have recieved good customer suppurt after the sale from both. The only issue for us is that since we live in southern California neither dealer is close. For what I wanted, I could not locate a local dealer, but if I had, I would definitely lean towards them due to the inevitble small stuff which comes up later; be it warranty, changes, adjustments, etc. I realize this is not answering your specific question, but just more info to confuse you. BTW, the Wing make a wonderful tug.

Thanks for these two very prompt responses. I appreciate the input. Hope to get some more comments. All of your opinions are important to me.

Karl

Hey Karl, I had my Spyder installed there, great service, great people, make sure ya check out the mexican restaurent across the street....If ya like mexican food that is, good luck.

Mexican food! That's just about the best comment yet. I was raised in New Mexico and grew up on Mexican food. If I decide to go with Motorvation that will be one of the high lights of the trip!

Karl