USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

motorvation form II

would a motorvation formula II be heavy enough to mount on a 1500 Goldwing safely
I see one in for sale section and would like to move on it if it would work good

97 1500 SE Motorvation II sidecar USCA # 8913 Double Dark Side # 1522 Goodyear Fuel max 175/60 R16 PILOT ACTIV 130/70 18

I have a Motorvation Form 2 mounted on my HD ElectraGlide. It's perfect foe a big bike. I've have a Ural and a California 2 and the Mortorvation Form2 is the best of the lot. You won't be disapointed.

that is what I wanted to hear. I have done some research and found it has been used on the 1500 a lot. this would be my first sidecar so I want to be sure I make a good decision
how is the stock or standard seat for the passenger on long hauls

Thanks for the input

97 1500 SE Motorvation II sidecar USCA # 8913 Double Dark Side # 1522 Goodyear Fuel max 175/60 R16 PILOT ACTIV 130/70 18

The stock seat is good. Good and wide for lots of room. Remenber to grease the three grease fittings on the torshion bar befor you mount it. You will LOVE the electric lean

Attached files

It should work fine, Make sure you get proper bike specific mounts for the sidecar (we offer these) also if it is a very old Motovation sidecar they once used balls on their lower mounts clamped with aluminum that tends to turn into powder so if this is a really old one, you will need to up grade to the newer type mounts.
When we mount Motovation sidecars we do away with their entire lower mounts. We make a custom "clamp" that slides into the frame to replace Motovations clamp. We make this clamp double walled as the 1 1/4 inch tube clamps tend to flex to much and have been known to bend. On the other end of the double walled clamp we step it up to 1 1/2 inch and then use our standard "bosses" that attach to the mounts using 5/8 inch hiem joints. We find this to be much more robust then the way Motovation builds the sidecars.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
http://www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793

I am very pleased with my Formula II GL1100A rig. The mounts that were supplied with the car, in my opinion are fantastic. Take a look at Motorvation's site on how to attach the car and bike. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Attached files

Thanks for the input,
oldriders that is a nice looking rig
sfchock what year is your wing, looks like an 1100
I think I am getting a heck of a deal here, William is going to load it up and deliver it tomorrow. we worked out the details today.
I am very excited and looking forward to putting it on my ride. I believe this unit has all the newer upgraded mounting hardware as well as elec. lean and front shock stabilizer
I will be doing lots of research on mounting and adjusting and prob. asking a few questions here once I get started

I would check with Motorvation they are very easy to deal with (will listen to what you want and not try to sell you the whole store) and less expensive
dale

thanks dawg I will remember that, good thing is the car came off a 1500 so I'm hoping that will make this easier

It's official, I am the proud owner of a sidecar,, it my be a couple weeks before I can get started with mounting it but I'm sure I'm going to need some help to get it right
I'm looking forward to this new side of riding