Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

More Riding Time

For the last two years I have really wanted to have more time to ride. It looks like I may get my wish. Unfortunately the way it may happen is not that exciting. Eight years ago I had prostate cancer and the prostate was removed. This past November the cancer showed back up in my pelvic bones and now I have a spot on my lung. It looks like they will be removing at least 1/3 of my lung and then radiation for the pelvic area. That means I will quit my job as Resident Manager of 75 unit Apt Complex, and see if the VA will up my Disability to at least 70% and also look at Social Security Disability.

On the bright side if my health will hold up enough to drive the sidecar rig, I can get some more riding time. As a matter of fact Donna, Izan (grandson), and I are already planning a road trip in May or Jun to Norman OK, then down to Denton, TX to see a couple of Navy Buddies. This will be the longest trip so far on the rig, a little over 1900 round trip. I haven’t seen or heard from the buddy in Denton, TX in 36 yrs, but he put out a Facebook request in December and the mutual friend the other Navy Buddy in Norman, OK passed it to me. Man social media can be a great thing.

I plan on leaving the GoPro camera run in video mode for the whole trip and then edit for a highlighted version.

Should be a great ride and Izan’s dad was our oldest sons (Shawn passed away 5yrs ago at the age of 31,) so these guys knew Shawn and it will be great to introduce 5yr old Izan to them.

That's a real pita. Drink kombucha, it is a fermented tea. Some say it cures cancer, it's been used in Asia for centuries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kombucha

NavMode - 1/17/2015 2:18 AM

... these guys knew Shawn and it will be great to introduce 5yr old Izan to them.

Yes, it sure will be. Cheers to good travels and good health. Looking fwd to pics & stories from the road.

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Why not come to Tex. by way of National sidecar rally in Sturgis,June 26-28. Will and Harold have a super rally planned. Really looking forward to report on travels.
J.R.
Sec.
Tex. rep.

Lowel,
there is a saying down here that tells:
"There is no bad that doesn't come for good!"

In your case that does sound a bit sarcastic but as always in life you have to find somehow the good side and aspect of it.
I wish you all the best to be able to stay on the road as long as possible and so God will go with the boots on.
Something my father in law was granted at the age of 86. While his widow survived a CLOSE call a year ago and now at the age of 89 is enjoying every single moment as never before.
Every single moment is a gift and should be appreciated as such. Like that I do it now for 15 years.

The recipe that helped my aunt Hannelore to superate all docs predictions was to tell herself every 15 minutes:

I want to live!
I want to live!
I want to live!

Start to worry the day You wake up and don't feel any pain at all.
Best wishes and apply what is listed below each of my posts...it helps, if not for mankind but your own piece of mind.
Sven
Best of the bad

after the gold rush

adventure on the way

As i didn't find from them the song "Me and a boy" which you are about to apply in literal sence,
meanwhile I send you
Here comes the sun and wish you all the best.