Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Monaco Windscreen

Just acquired a BMW R100cs with a Watsonian Monaco sidecar. I am looking for a new wind screen. The one I have is complete with hardware just the plex is beyond clean up, anyone know of someone who makes a replacement? or a good plex person?

I'm no expert on Watsonian but I understand that the Monaco and the Monza are similar from the front back to the passenger compartment. IF that's true, Gustaffson Plastics makes a screen for the Monza. Try http://bikescreen.com/collections/sidecar?page=2. Good luck.

Thanks Al, sent them a note and a photo.

I made my own windshield for my Monaco, Went to a plastics company and bought a 4x8 foot sheet of ,062 (1/16) inch polycarb or Lexan for around $50. Used the old windshield for a pattern and and installed it with the existing frame. Lexan is soft and scratches easily but works. With the large sheet I can still make 2 more. You just need a heavy duty scissors to cut it. The original windshield was a thicker Plexiglas or? and I had to buy a new frame for the ws from Watsonian. Paid over $300 for polycarb windshield and frame from them.

perhaps Cee Baileys?

Any local plastics company can sell you bulk polycarb. Cee Baileys would be expensive compared to buying local.

Most also have remnants. A whole lot cheaper than buying a 4'x8' piece.

Lonnie

I paid about $45 for a piecethey cut for me to make a windshield. Last year I bought the 4 x 8 for around $55. In have enough left to make 2 more windshields. It scratches easily, even have the top on leaves marks. But Polycarb is what Watsonian uses.

You could use 1/8th inch lexan it would be much more durable but it is best to cut with a band saw and sand down to final size with a belt sander. I have made numerous windshields for sidecars, bikes etc; If you are careful when cleaning does not scratch too bad. Can buy untinted at Lowes Hdw but to get tinted had to order.

You need 1/16" if you use the Watsonian aluminum frame that goes around the top of the windshield It supports the snaps for the rain cover. You would have to make a new fop frame to use 1/8" .

You need 1/16" if you use the Watsonian aluminum frame that goes around the top of the windshield It supports the snaps for the rain cover. You would have to make a new fop frame to use 1/8" .