Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Mock up of new model of sidecar

We have a new model of sidecar coming out we are calling the GT. Lots of work still to be done before we have the first completely finished sidecar. We should be able to start making deliveries in about 4 months. Price is to be $11995. The only options are paint and what color upholstery do you want as it will come very well equipped.
Base price includes:
Full convertible top built in such a way that you do not have to snap it on and off to get in and out as the front tips forward.
Bike specific mounts
Brembo disk brake
Heated seat
Cup holder
12 V power outlet
2 USB ports
Electric trim
Trunk light that comes on when you open the trunk
Interior lights that come on when you lift the front.
Full carpeted interior
Jay G
DMC sidecars
http://www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793

Attached files

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

thanks for sharing. Jay, you could introduce it at the USCA national rally in Rising Sun Indiana. in mid June. ;O)

The body Looks like a narrow California Friendship 3 with out the head light, along with a few more options

Love it!

Thanks for sharing! And I'm with dave:

dave - 1/16/2018 6:28 AM

you could introduce it at the USCA national rally in Rising Sun Indiana. in mid June. ;O)

I like your stuff, and this is just an observation from a newbie, constructive criticism so don't take my head off. Here goes. 😉

My lady, whom I'm hoping to get into sidecars because she has bad hips and can't do long 2W rides, has trouble getting over the lip of the tub. When (if) I look for an expensive rig, instead of my trials & tribulations beater rig, I will be looking for something with a door. I see this one has a small step-over notch, but I would like something that's as close as step up and sit down (without any step-over while doing this) as I can find. I've heard lots of good things about your products, and when that time comes, you're going to be on the top of my list, so having as many model choices in that category as possible is quite selfish. 😉 I really have no idea how feasible it is, or if it affects structural integrity or anything, but getting the lady into the sidecar is priority in this case.

Just my 2 cents while it's still not in the finalized stage. Hopefully.

You should look at our Expedition sidecar. It is one of the easiest sidecars for some one with hip or knee issues to use. The built in step, cut down side. But what really makes a difference is that the seat sits up higher and we have dropped the floor down below the top of the frame allowing your legs to be more under you then most sidecars. Pretty much all sidecars like the above you sit with your legs pretty much straight out and the seats are down low making them hard for people with knee issues to get in and out of to the extent that we have had to install seat lifts.

The above sidecar we are calling the GT is pretty much finalized. The mock up shown is the first body out of the mold.

Jay G
DMC sidecars
866-638-1793

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

Thanks! Will do, expedition. Hopefully it's a big, Roadmaster-Sized one. 🙂

That looks pretty good.

Wasn't really impressed with the styling of the expedition, nice car, but I realize now the Tomahawk has a door too. 🙂 I'm all happy now, pretty sure I know which one I want! First I gotta get the cheapie in running trim to see how the fiancé likes it, though. I really gotta look at leg room... Anyone know how much leg room a Ural or Velorex has? Urals are too small, and I think the V is at best, the same size, but she hasn't been in it and won't be until I get the suspension upgrade built.

What......no AC? 8€)

Jay, is this going to be a solo or will it be wide for two?

Single seat, we will in late summer have what we use to call our Liberator back on the market with a lot of changes. The Liberator is a 2 seat sidecar.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
866-638-1793

Attached files

Anticipated hip room?

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology.

The seat bottom is 21.5 inches wide
Jay G
DMC sidecars
866-638-1793

Nice sidecar! However, except for the fender, I see a lot of similarity to the EZS Kompact...but, of course, I may be wrong.

Piero

We have delivered the first, the second which will have a hard top will be done this week. We have not had time to get the photo's on our site but we do have them on our face book page https://www.facebook.com/dmcsidecars

Jay G
DMC sidecars

866-638-1793

Jay, are you going to bring a few of your newer models to the USCA Rally in Couer d'Alene?  July 25 - 28.

Am sure there are more than a few owners who are looking to upgrade their current ride.

CCjon

We will not be bringing anything to the rally, We are so overwhelmed with work that we have not had time to build any thing to display, I do not even have a bike at this time as we simply do not have time to assemble one for me. We are trying to hire a second shift to speed things up and allow for time to build demo's. The K75 that I bought for the employee's to learn on has had a sidecar and a leading link on it for about 6 months, just needs a new rear master for the bike and it is ready to go, it just sits due to lack of time to get it done.

Jay G
DMC sidecars

866-638-1793

Sad you can't bring a new toy to the rally but am happy for you guys that business is booming. The move into the new building must have allowed you to stretch out a little, add more work spaces. That's great.

If business allows, hope to see you in Couer d'Alene.

CCjon

They look interesting. looking forward to seeing one in person.