Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

MDA Summer Camp at YMCA Camp Seymour!

Below is a copy of the email I received concerning this year's MDA summer camp. They want and need sidecars. If you have never been to one of these events, it is very rewarding to see the joy you can bring to these kids. If you plan on attending, please RSVP them at wmcilwain@mdausa.org
Here is a link to photos I took at the 2012 event: http://wingincamera.zenfolio.com/2012-mda-camp

Sunday, June 26, 2016
Thanks to caring partners like you, kids with muscular dystrophy and related muscle-debilitating diseases are able to experience a life-changing week at MDA Summer Camp in an environment without any barriers. They’re free to enjoy awesome adventures, develop lifelong friendships, and build self-confidence and independence — all of which are critical to living longer and growing stronger. It’s truly a place where kids can live unlimited.

One of the highlights at MDA Summer Camp every year is Motorcycle Night and this year it’s on June 26th! Will you be there? We would love your help this year! In years past, we invite friends of MDA with motorcycles, especially ones with sidecars, and then at Motorcycle Night we let the campers ride in the sidecars. Since there is a wide range in level of ability and accommodations at MDA Summer Camp, we only allow the campers to ride in the sidecars. Do you have a sidecar or know someone who does? Please join us! We welcome everyone (even if you don’t have a sidecar) – the kids love seeing all the motorcycles ride into camp! It is a great first night to an amazing week!

We look forward to you joining us for a special evening of friendship, sidecar rides and lots of fun and games as we help kids enjoy the experience of a lifetime!
MDA Summer Camp at YMCA Camp Seymour!
Sunday, June 26, 2016

YMCA Camp Seymour
9725 Cramer Road Kp N,
Gig Harbor, WA 98329

Schedule of Events:
4:30 pm: Arrive at Start Location—The Floatation Device—
14511 Sherman Dr. NW, Gig Harbor, WA 98332
5:15 pm: Depart for Camp Together—YMCA Camp Seymour
5:45 pm: Pizza Dinner
7:00 pm: Sidecar Rides and games!

Please RSVP by June 17, 2016.
For more information, please contact:
Whitney McIlwain, Executive Director
(206) 283-2183
wmcilwain@mdausa.org

I should add that the MDA holds these motorcycle rides at camps throughout the USA, look for one in your state.

I was advised by the MDA that they are really short of sidecar's this year. Anyone who can, please sign up. These kids really get excited waiting for their ride. Gives you a chance to give a blessing and receive a greater blessing in return.

they do not respond to e-mail or phone call. I'm going anyway.
Dale

It looks like my employee's will be taking a couple of my bikes to the event.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
http://www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30