Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Martin needs articles for the March/April issue.

Hi Folks:

Martin needs articles for the March April Sidecarist. If you have gone to a rally or otherwise traveled lately. If you have pictures - and this issue is the "Ride With Your Four Legged Friend" issue - send them to Martin. Remember He needs high definition pictures. Our printer doesn't like mushy pictures. He needs JPEG's at 300 dots per inch and articles in MS Word or PDF format.

Thanks

Can you post the email address for Martin and just some simple guidelines for a story? Would like to send one in on our travels with our dog. Thank you

editor@sidecar.com

A good way to get large file size (high quality) photos to Martin is via Dropbox. You can put a folder there then share it with him. As far as the riding with friends issue, I'm uncertain about sending more photos of Petey. It seems he's had lots of exposure there and we don't want to wear out our welcome...

Hey Tom:
If you have pictures and copy - Martin is looking for copy. He has lots of dog pictures but not so much copy. Send what you have. If he can use it you will find out in the March/April issue.

Will, I'll see what I can do...

Thanks for all the great information!

I sent an article with pictures around mid-2016. It was entitled Charlie 'n' Me, chronicling our friendship, from the beginning in 2008 until last March, when he was involved in a hit-and-run accident in Florida, leaving him paralyzed. I thought reading the article might give him a much needed lift. The article was never published and there was no reason given.

What's the deadline for the Dog issue?

Lonnie

I don't know and Martin doesn't monitor the forum so I will ask and get back to you here.

I just got this from Martin.

12:58 PM (1 hour ago)

to Will
I got some last minutes stories from Tom Chipley, and I've still got dog pics coming in. I'd like to cut it off tomorrow so I can get most of the magazine put together by the weekend.

Geza - about your article about Charlie. If you sent it by mail is may be lost on Martin's desk. You may have to send it again. If you can send it email it. He doesn't remember getting it. The article may not make it for the March/April issue but we will try to make sure it gets published.

Thanks for the prompt action. I sent the article via email to editor@sidecar.com. I will send it again tonight.

Hey you guys.

Try to give Martin a hand here. Over my varied careers, I was responsible for several different news letters. I can imagine what Martin is going through with this. It's got to be a lot worse than a limited publication news letter. I'm trying to come up with something for another article and not making progress. Too busy trying to put a rally together. I know some of you have had some interesting adventures. I'd like to hear about them.

Mike in MS

I can certainly relate to what you're saying about being news letter editor Mike. I've done others in the past and am currently the editor of the Exhaust, the Northwest Classics Motorcycle Club newsletter. This time of year input is scarce. And I agree that Martin has a much larger task. He does a fantastic job but there have to be times he asks himself why.